Ooooh yeah....just ordered hyper 8!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My savage is gonna be the shiznit. I hope I get the engine by thurdsay or friday so I can break it in before the weekend.

dude, you're gonna like it. I just took some more bashing video, but I gotta dump and recompress it for ya'lls viewing pleasure. Most of it is gonna be the one that has the hyper, I'm still trying to get the other one sorted out.

congrats. Just take your time breaking it in, it's worth it.

Whitt

it will fit the ofna .26 pico or something but u need a nut someone posted the link.... i will look for it

Originally posted by bmoc2008
ok are those anygood for racing

I think legal race engines are .21 anything bigger isn't legal unless the club allows it.

wtf do you mean? As in Good Accelleration? Or Good Top end? Or Torque wise? Or What?
The Picco .26 IMO is a Hyper 8 killer. It could demolish any truck with a Hyper 8 in it. The powerband for that thing is amazing...man...shoot i pissed my pants again. :hehe:
But If you can race the .26 size, The Picco would be a way better engine to go with. But hey, thats jsut all IMO.

Kwong what do u mean it wont fit? what needs to be done to make it fit?:wtf:

That was a response to bmoc2008's question of will the roto start fit a hyper 8. I guess one of the mods deleted it.

Oh ok good I was gonna flip if the Hyper didnt fit!! its ok now..

Yeah it should fit just fine, haven't heard of any problems will installing it. I'm hoping that I can leave the engine mount on and just transfer the clutch to the new engine and remount it and have a perfect mesh. I hate re-meshing gears.

When I mounted mine, it seemed like the flywheel ended up farther to the rear than the 21bb. I shim the bell so that the shoes don't show (duh), but the teeth end up farther back on the spur now. With the 16t CB, I only get about 75% coverage on the spur. That's screwed up, when I had the 21bb on, the same bell had 100% mesh. The stock 14t is the same way, but my 13 has a wider tooth than either of the other two. I can't remember who made the 13 and 16, but I'm kind of sure that it was two different companies.

Otherwise the Hyper bolts right in, though I did file a bit on the mount where the mill has the raised lettering "made in ..."

Kwong, meshing gears if fun dude! Plus you can't get the two right hand mounting bolts out when the deck is bolted to the side frame, unless ya take that side off. Remeshing is a ton easier than pulling a TVP plate.

Last edited:
Man get a vid, when you got your hyper 8 going. I wanna see that thing roar. Anybody got a vid of there hyper 8 or .26 engine?

Steve

roto start fit

Just so you arn't confused, the roto start will not go right on the8. You will need to do some grinding to a nut to enlarge the nut size from 10mm to fit the 12 mm on the roto start. I used a 10 mm socket and grinded the outside of it to fit the 12mm on the roto start. Takes a while but it will work. Then you have to tweek the holes that mount the case to the mill, just a bit. I did it and it works just fine. Be carefull when using the roto start on the hyper because the one way bearing is part of the turbo fan inside the mill. and it will strip out from the seat. In other words its internal not external like most motors, thats a drawback to the hyper, also the cooling head has the glo plug button made into it, thats another drawback. I would recomend for @ 25 more bucks to get the pico 26 its alot faster and easier to mod for hop ups. thats my opinion. I will get the pico when the hyper takes a crap, wish I would have got it first.If you ask me the hyper isn't much better than the stock 21bb that comes with the savage. Do the offna cluch and flywheel and put a 15 tooth with a pipe and a motor saver filter and you have the same thing as the hyper

Originally posted by Flash-R.C
Man get a vid, when you got your hyper 8 going. I wanna see that thing roar. Anybody got a vid of there hyper 8 or .26 engine?

Steve

Check the video forum.

Ya, I just looked there. There are some pretty sweet vids in there.

Steve

Where do you get the ofna 3 shoe clutch mod or the mugen that Rosco mentioned?

Back