only turns right and full throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rak12

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK i have a 4908 chassis with the 3.3 . during my last run I hit a large rock and bent a steering tie rod no biggie replace the tie rod and get ready for the next run. HOWEVER at warm up of the next run the truck now only steers left and the throttle is 2/3 to full open when the controller is at rest and 0 trim on both. I replaced all batteries in TX/RX w/new ( no hump pack yet) I checked all mechanicals and found no binding. even with mechanicals/servo horns removed from servos, servos go full throttle and no left turning. As a matter of fact when turning controller left the servo hesitates then turns right! Truck still has OEM AM TX and traxxas servos. PLEASE help!? :( Sorry about the length but wanted to be specific.

Maybe the rx crystal came loose in the impact. Other than that, make sure both antennas are in good shape, as well as all other wires.

Yeah sounds like a bad crystal my buddies T-MAXX did the same thing. We changed batteries, changed recievers but not the crystals. Made no difference until we swapped in a new set of crystals. Problem solved.

well i made it to my LHS bought anew set of crystals , 5 cell hump pack and charger. made the changes to the rig and still no better actually problem is worse. steering no repsonse at all and throttle/brake only brakes. also throttle servo reposnds to the unused 3rd channel as well. I think the RX and/or Tx is toasted. I'll send it back to traxxas under the lifetime warranty. I can't afford a new radio setup right now. The down time will suck! :(

you could always pick up a rx on ebay. Should be about $10 shipped.

I'm not sure if it is RX or TX problem and dont have any means that i know of to test either. any suggestions my LHS dont said they can't test either...

Back