one small reconfirmation on engine cut outs a little when its lean Partially HSN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
post identification is on the top right corner of the post:
View attachment 125962

The scream from the engine that i am talking about is the sound when the engine is fully winding up, is NOT stuttering, is NOT raspy sounding, it IS sounding crisp, IS having quick response to throttle inputs.
i am referring to the scream sound DURING and near WOT.
NOT referring to it after letting off throttle during a hanging idle situation.

post identification is on the top right corner of the post:
View attachment 125962

The scream from the engine that i am talking about is the sound when the engine is fully winding up, is NOT stuttering, is NOT raspy sounding, it IS sounding crisp, IS having quick response to throttle inputs.
i am referring to the scream sound DURING and near WOT.
NOT referring to it after letting off throttle during a hanging idle situation.
You're referring to how the engine should normally sound when it's not lean or Rich a crisp sound with no kind of distortions of raspiness other words just no interruptions in that pitch. Okay I understand what you're saying you was telling me before how the engine should sound as opposed to How it Should when it's lean I see. you was telling me how I should sound when it's okay. Thank you for the information.

Please be patient with me because man I have some minor learning disabilities. I like to know the opposite of a good sound engine so I can know what not to do.

So basically when people say that the engines screams on the lean side is When you let off the throttle and it ends up sounding rough at idle before it dies back down to normal?

You're referring to how the engine should normally sound when it's not lean or Rich a crisp sound with no kind of distortions of raspiness other words just no interruptions in that pitch. Okay I understand what you're saying you was telling me before how the engine should sound as opposed to How it Should when it's lean I see. you was telling me how I should sound when it's okay. Thank you for the information.

Please be patient with me because man I have some minor learning disabilities. I like to know the opposite of a good sound engine so I can know what not to do.

So basically when people say that the engines screams on the lean side is When you let off the throttle and it ends up sounding rough at idle before it dies back down to normal?
really was not trying to sound impatient or rude, with that just wanted to emphasize the difference.
i havent really heard many say "screaming on the lean side", that doesn't mean that isnt what some people say just not what i have heard.
typically if its starting to get lean it will start sounding like it did in that same video when he adjusted it richer. it feels like the power tops out, stutters, or in extreme situations cuts out. it is kind of a hard sound for me to describe and i do apologize about that, I've rarely actually gotten to that point because i try to error on the side of being to rich. as soon as i am thinking its starting to run too lean i richen it up, and re-lean it out.
in the HPI video segment of your video at 1:04:21, and 1:04:44
that is a good indication and sound of running to lean, i don't really know how to explain it more than it almost sounds like its bouncing off a RPM limiter, just sounds like it plateaus and tops out and really high pitched giving you the pinging sound, then cutting out when it is really having to use its power (during the shift).

really was not trying to sound impatient or rude, with that just wanted to emphasize the difference.
i havent really heard many say "screaming on the lean side", that doesn't mean that isnt what some people say just not what i have heard.
typically if its starting to get lean it will start sounding like it did in that same video when he adjusted it richer. it feels like the power tops out, stutters, or in extreme situations cuts out. it is kind of a hard sound for me to describe and i do apologize about that, I've rarely actually gotten to that point because i try to error on the side of being to rich. as soon as i am thinking its starting to run too lean i richen it up, and re-lean it out.
in the HPI video segment of your video at 1:04:21, and 1:04:44
that is a good indication and sound of running to lean, i don't really know how to explain it more than it almost sounds like its bouncing off a RPM limiter, just sounds like it plateaus and tops out and really high pitched giving you the pinging sound, then cutting out when it is really having to use its power (during the shift).
I wasn't trying to imply that you was being inpatient. I was just making a caution of disclaimer. I had a lot of bad luck with people because of their lack of understanding and it's not on RC stuff it's just everything in my life even things we take for granted. I was really trying to be polite and warned that there is the end of the road ahead so to speak. I will look at everything soon I just got done modifying some game systems to sell.

Yea! HUH? The same problem that you seem not to understand. Open the LSN 1/4 turn and your problem will go away. Or keep on running your engine the way it is and buy a new one and start the whole headache over again!

Yea! HUH? The same problem that you seem not to understand. Open the LSN 1/4 turn and your problem will go away. Or keep on running your engine the way it is and buy a new one and start the whole headache over again!
sorry, but what are you even talking about? he hasnt posted a single video of his own driving/tuning. would love to see a video that you think is a good tune.

Back