one nitro broke in yay!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys my maxx is out right now i need to order some parts. I broke in my sc10gt a few hours ago. I had no issues other then the collar/grub backed out on the brake linkage so i had to grab one from my maxx as it worked just fine. So i am done with brake in and i just leaned the high end a tad and the rich settings for this cold weather is not bad. I left the low end and idle alone as i want to see how some speed runs hold up with the brake fix(should be fine) . I am pretty happy with the truck so far not to fast but i know i can get more top end and more speed off the line when i see some warmer temps out side. I do not want to push a new motor to hard right now.

I would expect that truck to run between 35-40 MPH on stock gearing. Really, plenty quick for off road use. My GT2 has an OS .12 TZ in it, runs 47 MPH on stock gearing, as high as that thing raps. But that last 10 MPH is pretty much useless. I'd gear it down, but it doesn't need any more grunt.

I would expect that truck to run between 35-40 MPH on stock gearing. Really, plenty quick for off road use. My GT2 has an OS .12 TZ in it, runs 47 MPH on stock gearing, as high as that thing raps. But that last 10 MPH is pretty much useless. I'd gear it down, but it doesn't need any more grunt.

i have not touch the low end and idle, its got a lot of power off the line. I want to do one more tank to just check the linkage. I know it holds a straight line and this truck is light and i am happy with the buy. Only issue is the battery box. I have a 1600 mAh pack and that has the steering move real nice. I will leave the stock gearing as i am very happy with it. I want to see how it does off road, i want to set the brakes i can hit them and i just spin pretty much a full 180 deg spin. Kinda cool but i wonder how it does off road, ground is cold and my free day is fri i hope to get another tank. I looked in the book they call for 4 tank brake in . I rather stick to my 5 tank i have broke in so many motors and to be honest i never had a motor i started with fail on me if i follow my 5 tank brake in . The maxx motor i will do my brake in and i swear by it. I had a nice day it was close to 50 deg, i did one thing different. I did not let the motor cool down to much. I waited 4 min i wanted to keep temps up and to be honest when i lost the brakes i was pissed . I am getting such bs run times less then 6 min , there is a drop in bigger tank its like 22.00 or so shipped.

Last edited:
I thought i could get in another tank today but it snowed and its cold. I think tomorrow it will be nice out. If there is snow on the ground i guess i am waiting. Still very happy i got the motor just about broke in. I have not broke in a motor in 4 years and i did nothing more then what i would of done years ago. Might not seam like a big deal to you guys but getting back in to the hobby can be hard. I was like ok what do i remember and what do i need to go back over. One thing i like is how the stock electronics have got so much better.

i got the 5th tank ran, i backed the high end off a tad very small amount and i did not lose any speed . I know when i see weather over 50 deg i will start to tune it for more top end. I do not want to lean it out to much then have a 10 deg drop in temps. I will have 10-20 deg temps over the next week. So i just got the last tank done and it ran great lots of power off the line and lots of smoke. I put some after run oil in, checked all screws and set the piston to BDC all is good. It is ready to sit for a week or 2. One motor done 2 more to go lol. I want to add the low end is still the same after a few speed runs i get 2-3 second speed up and die so i am happy with that. The idle was a tad high but that might of been do to i wanted to check my glow plug and i ran 1/4 of a tank and when i was just about done it was idling a tad high.

Back