Older Maxx 2.5 classic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I have the older Maxx and was wondering if the new maxx trans will drop into the old one? Parts are getting harder to find for this older one such as, I had to replace the brake disk and found out at the LHS that the brake disk has been discontinued. Its the one with the hexagonal mount. Or can I convert to newer drive shafts with the newer style brake disk? Just really wanting to know which parts will crossover from the 3.3 to the old 2.5?

Ebay has everything you need for that tranny man!

I put a FOC in it and love it more than ever now and with the new 3.3, it absolutely rips.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 175
Problem is with swapping the break style, your tranny has a 5mm output and the newer tranny has a 6mm

I was concerned about parts for the 2.5 chassis but have found that the t maxx classic which is still in production has all parts available , you can check out the eBay chop shops for any part you need but most of the parts are now Grey plastic not the black ones

I ordered the new brake disk, just was hoping that 1 of the 3 shops in town would have one in stock. They all have the newer Maxx parts but not really much for the older stuff.

Got brakes???:first_place:

DSC03145.gif

DSC03151.gif

DSC03156.gif

The stock 2.5 hex brake disk definitely isn’t discontinued, just not many LHS stock them any longer.