old tmaxx carb tuning problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK I have the pro 15 motor and when I take off it seem skind of sluggish compared to my savage. I have the lsn set at about flush and the hsn still at 2.5 turns out. It runs fine top end and al around but I want better throtle response any help? Matt

Turn the low speed needel out about a turn thats what i have. It raises the idle which u can turn down easily but it gives it more kick. It you want even more keep turning it out 1/16th of a turn each time till you get what you want. But in doing this you havto also change the hsn too...

The factory setting on the LSN is 1 3/4 turns out from lightly seated, be careful when screwing in the needle, just when you feel some resistence stop or you will damage the spraybar.

Flattop is correct and this is how you fine tune it. Get the engine idling then pinch the fuel line at the carb the engine should idle up for about 3 to 5 seconds then die. If it idles up and up and up, then you are too rich, if it dies when it is pinched you are too lean.
Good luck.

Originally posted by 3maxxman
Flattop is correct and this is how you fine tune it. Get the engine idling then pinch the fuel line at the carb the engine should idle up for about 3 to 5 seconds then die. If it idles up and up and up, then you are too rich, if it dies when it is pinched you are too lean.
Good luck.

3maxxman is correct, I just want to add one litte tidbit.

Make a couple high speed passes and bring the truck in and pinch the line, don't let it sit and idle or it will load up and give you a false result. Those engines are notorious for loading up when left to idle for too long.

OK thanks guys will go out tomorrow and tune. Will let you know how it goes. thanks Matt

Back