Old school dirt oval rally wasteland vette builds rc10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the13bats

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Mostly i mess with large scale was doing a fury road tankgirl theme to my gas chimera,

20200620_043218_copy_641x530.jpg

Its a work in progress and i stepped back to putz with a couple rc10 builds about 30 years in the making,

Both are rc10 and vette based, both are old school and low budget builds,
The first is a dirt outlaw for oval track,
20200803_164817_copy_1371x1130.jpg

Thats the body on a gold tub 10 but what i did was use gold tub parts and a donor rc10GT to make a nitro buggy sorta,
The rear wheel track is about like this but i almost have the front wheels under the body,

20200806_192853_copy_1132x1462.jpg

This is just a mock up, i have to get it all fitting working and then clean, rebuild parts and reassemble,

The next car is a 58 vette that a buddy hacked from day one,

20200802_235815_copy_1807x630.jpg

Thats it sitting on a ele rc10ds,
At first i was going to build it bomber style but i have to step outside the box,
Its going on a gold tub buggy base, old school esc and brushed motor,
I want to run something like an enduro rally tire and have it sitting a hair high, like the mustang in cherry2000,
As far as my buddys exquisite paint job, vettes do not rust, at least not the body but they do get damaged and repaired so ill go at it with my air brush,

I am hunting a few old 10 parts, like aftermarket bumpers, the wide ones, rear wide bumpers, and aftermarket like andys rear stock buggy arms,

Anyone else into these type builds?

Thanks
cheers
b

How to you like the Chimera?

I like it pretty well, i wanted a different base, it served up a good base for the wasteland build I'm doing, its gas, I'm old school i like gas and nitro better than electric.
I bought this one used and it was still in good mech shape but had been well bashed but nothing serious damaged
A few cons are the shock towers warp badly and need reinforcements,
The muffler dumps out right on the rear diff so to me an extention is a must to avoid a mess,
And like with most all rtr they still need loctite on about every screw there is, i use purple its the weakest,
I would say + - its about like my hpi baja or traxxas monster buggy and better than my raco,
I see the rampages pop up on CL pretty cheap i only paid 200.00 for this one, ill get my moneys worth,

Heres a little update and i hope I'm not the only old school modder here

I've gotten the outlaw dirt vette chassis pretty well mocked up,
20200813_043548_copy_1503x980.jpg
20200813_043623_copy_1097x877.jpg
20200811_215350_copy_2124x627.jpg

What i have done and ran into.
I wanted nitro but i didnt want to just use the rc10gt stock
i also wasn't trying to make a gold tub rc10 nitro.

So i took the goldie rc10 front suspension and added a shock lowering kit,
I wanted suspension in between a car i see as on road like rc10ds or the other end a buggy or truck.

I have no idea the front shock make or model and rc10 springs wont fit, i do need just a bit lighter spring up front and would rather not cut a coil off these.

The rears are great, its also lowered as i wanted its at rest height to be about netural on axle angle,

I ran into spur clearence with stock rear A arm but i just cleaned it up with the dremel, aftermarket arms would be great.

I also decided to run an electric starter the drill style my nitro doner gt had a stinger pipe out the rear, I'm gonna run stock exhaust manifold but try the stinger pipe on it, ill have to use a L to direct the exhaust down or to the left,

I still need to figure out my body mounts as i desire to use the holes in the body, if not then magnets,

I saw this on ebay,
s-l400(14).jpg

I'm not a huge blue pan fan and i never saw such a roll bar and now considering making one for mine i can use it for the rear body mounts, plus it looks pretty cool,

I'm still working out just what wheels and tires to use,

Please do hit back with comments, feel free to post yours,
Thanks
Cheers
b

Back