Okay, so what do I buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalphMacchio1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been involved with electric RC buggies and trucks for several years now. I want to get into the Nitro Monster Truck arena.

I guess you could say I am looking for the perfect monster truck. Something easy to maintain, fast, great handling etc.

I like the Revo but am open to other options. What say ye?

First post so Welcome to RCNitrotalk. Great place to ask and learn.

The REVO is a great place to start

Other trucks:

Monster GT

Savage 25 RTR

Before the other members pop in... pick what you know will be easy to maintain, parts support is good at your LHS or online shop, and by all means the one you want!!!

Welcome to the forum Karate Kid. :)

have savage and lst, go w/ the big one LST youve got great suspension, top radio equipment, good mach .26 to start truck is great, if all you want to do is bash go w/ savage its about as solid as they get! :2cents:

when I say top I mean fm synthesized, not top of the line, but mid range!

I just bash but I love my savage. Because of the TVP's can be a pain to work on. A time or 2 having it apart and ya get used to it. Engine is pretty easy to tune. Mine is almost stock. Think it could handle a bit better.

Look at the different forums here and do a little research. If there was a problem with one, it has been posted. Also, if there is a track nearby visit it and hang out. Some of the sites ya can download the manual for their truck.
I bought my savage because there was a lot of aftermarket parts and everyone talked like it was a tough truck. You will have different reasons for buying yours. Myself, I wouldn't buy Traxxas, the next guy wouldn't buy HPI. Everyone has their favorite truck. All of them have their own little quirks. Don't figure ya could go wrong with any of the trucks mentioned so far.

The nitro engines can be a real pain sometimes. When you decide on which truck, get a temp guage at the same time. Follow the break-in to a T. Don't get in a hurry. Get a little help on tuning if ya can. Good luck. Let us know what ya get.
And welcome to the forum. Whatever you get, these guys are a lot of help!!! :cheers:

Is there any racing for you in the near future? That will help to know what you will want as well. Are you looking for a RTR or a kit? And how much are you looking to spend?

Hey

I am would like to race it but certainly not seriously, at least initially. I would prefer RTR. I have built from kits before and enjoyed but would prefer to get rollin sooner. I would like to keep it under $550-$600 if possible. Thanks for the advice guys.

digger,he did say a truck.....but I tend to look at buggies too.

AE MGT
Losi LST
HPI Savage .25
GS SUT
HB Lightning ST
Ofna Blazer SST
Traxxas Revo

Now everyone rank them for him.
Revo is about the best for RTR

:radio: savage .25 is awsome! get it. you dont have to worry about priming the engine because there is no primer. roto start works great too. :marshall:

Back