ok whats wrong

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redgreen09

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a t maxx with a ported and polished 2.5...It has been running great,took it out today after ten min of run time i lost all bottem end power.....it was sluggish until it hit second and the it picked up and went like hell...Is my temp running to high will have a temp gun in the next couple of days to check it,or did my tune just go away I'm confused on y it would do this????

lol I'm terrible with tuning but my first 3.3 did exactly what ur saying urs is doing and from what i was told my whole problem was air leaks on the engine(i was missing a head bolt) and air leak from the carb.....I'm a newbe so dont quote me on it,but its worth checking b4 u do like me and get a new engine

FYI according to the traxxas manual if u were too hot/too lean ud be cutting out and stalling at top speed

but y would i just all of a sudden get an air leak? it ran great two days ago...and it runs fine at first start up,u would think an air leak would run crappy from the get go and i also have to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start after it dies?

yeah man like i say I'm a newbe but my LHS couldnt understand why my 3.3 wouldnt hold a tune and they were frustrated too trying to get it to work rite,it was messed up,it would work so awesome for about 5mins then it would go to the sh>>s.....once the engine heats up things start contracting and expanding and maybe thats why u start to develop a leak???.....hope u get ur problem figured out cause i know how it feels!!!!

Last edited:
What you guys are saying are all problems stemming from air leaks. If you haven't sealed your engine, do it.

Use the search feature. If I had a dollar for every time I came across answers to this question, on this site, I'd have a 5t.

Use the search feature. If I had a dollar for every time I came across answers to this question, on this site, I'd have a 5t.

lol thanx man,but no thanx! thats alot of reading with no real answers yet.......i'll just try another fourm!

Alright, listen up. I went to the general nitro forum, typed in "sealing engine" and had answers in under a minute. It basically does it for you, which I can tell is what you want.

Alright, listen up. I went to the general nitro forum, typed in "sealing engine" and had answers in under a minute. It basically does it for you, which I can tell is what you want.

hey dude I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've spent the last 20mins reading through useless crap and i have still not found the answers to my questions besides what to use to seal with......me being a newbie not only to this great hobby but to being on any kind of forum i would think u could take a few mins to answer my question but thats just the type of person i am! thanx anyway man......i'll just wait till 2morrow to talk to my LHS

Back