OK, lets talk about theTraxxas forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK, lets talk about the traxxas forum, since someone from Traxxas just started a thread bashing rcnt. There is no need to get nasty here; there is plenty to say about them that doesn't require foul language. Apparently the traxxas forum doesn't allow anyone to say 'hell', so you can't even post the word 'hellfire', as in hpi truck. Obviously that's their right, its their forum. But its also obviuosly a rule worthy of ridicule. So if you dont want to see ridicule, dont look around outside. Late night comedians routinely mock stupid laws and celebrities. What do you think would happen if Anna Nichol Smith's attorney went on Saturday night live to complain about her being teased?

I have my own gripes with Traxxas. I havent posted there in probably a year, after I got 2 warnings for 'advertizing'. In reality I was responding to direct questions people had about the difference between real RC Solutions roll cages and other brands that look like our patented cages. Apparently its ok for users to describe an XYZ cage as being the same thing as an RC Solutions cage, but its not ok for me to provide specific information describing how to tell the difference. The aftermarket helps make traxxas what it is, so why do so many company reps feel the same way I do about their forum? Go ahead, make all the rules you want, I dont care. People who want unedited, honest info, with sensible rules, come here to get it.

Last edited:
scottm said:
People who want unedited, honest info, with sensible rules, come here to get it.

This is why I'm part of RCNT.

If you can't say hellfire, you probably can't share a recipe for shittake mushrooms either! Good thing Traxxas doesn't run a cooking forum!

hey guys, i was wondering about my team losi...ooo thats right...this forum only talks about traxxas and not all of the cars, boats, or flights

honestly, I've never even been there. Don't really see any need to go either. I've always enjoyed my time here and will continue to do so.

I rarely, if ever, post at the Traxxas forum as well, and as Scott alluded to, it's their sandbox and their rules. What I hope doesn't happen, though, is that members here run over to their site and start throwing threads up bashing them (unlike their members coming here and doing the same). I've always viewed this forum, inparticular, as more of an elite site. Note I said "elite", not "elitist". There's a big difference there.

I view RCNT to being "elite" because the thoughts and opinions are not biased by any particular group, company, political agenda and the like. The only "reward" members get for helping another is simply the satisfaction that you lent a hand. If I suggest an OS engine it's because I've use it, I like it and the price is right. OS doesn't pay me. That's what attracted me to RCNT to begin with; just folks who love the hobby, nothing more.

I view the Traxxas forum as "elitist" because, should you make any disparaging remark, even one based on fact and free of any questionable language, you still get the business from one of the mods. I fail to understand the logic, personally. If I am a company owner and start a forum, as an owner, first thing I'm going to hope for is criticism about my product so I can improve it or at least address it. Stomping that information out ends up retarding long-term growth and customer satisfaction. I don't get it.

I know there are many, like myself, that may feel compelled to jump over to their forum and start lighting them up like Christmas trees, but I think in the long run, it'll do more of a disservice to RCNT than anything else. I think it would be wise, and this is just my opinion, to play the bigger man in all of this and not say anything or work to recruit some of their folks who are disgruntled with the responses they're getting.

Just my opinion.

Keep this thread clean. No need for a pissing contest. We all have our opinions just like your bungholes. Since they are about the Traxxas forum I am sure they stink to high heaven. Move on if you want to just bash the forum. Keep it clean or this thread is gone.

Mondo the mouth's contribution to the debacle

Monkey Wrench said:
I view RCNT to being "elite" because the thoughts and opinions are not biased by any particular group, company, political agenda and the like. The only "reward" members get for helping another is simply the satisfaction that you lent a hand.

Words of wisdom Monkey Wrench
As an Admin/Mod on YourMicro.com I know how derogatory inter Forum bashing can be. It's counter productive.
I am also quite fussy about what Forums I visit. RCNT is definitely one of my firm favourites. The content and Members make a Forum and this one has some of the best.. the elite!
In fact I can find better answers here than I can at most manufacturer based Forums just thru using the "Search" function as many a question I sometimes have has often been asked and answered.
One thing I do like about RCNT is the lack of censorship. I have always said the Internet is a democracy and should be uncensored within reason.

We also need to understand that manufacturer sponsored Forums will always be squeaky clean to the point of autocracy due to the "family" often partaking in the RC hobby. For example daddy wants a new toy and buys a Revo for his son. They have some glitches and the first place they tend to go to for support is the Traxxas.com website. Alas, they stumble across the Forum and it's frequented by well oiled, angelic Mods who ooze diplomacy and come across as burning bushes of information. Then you have the fan club, those oh-so-pro Traxxas Members who wan't to be Mods and mimic the diplomacy and politcaly correct attitudes.

Now of course this "Disney'esque" approach works for the manufacturers, their newbie customers, but guys like us think it's bullshit.
If those guys want to disrespect this place, well so be it. I know where my loyalties lay, plus I recall someone once telling me that bad mouthing the "competition" is a sign of fear. Healthy competition comes from respect for one another.
We're the realists of the hobby and we all know that a pig in a limousine is still in essence a pig and it's not worth the leather it's perched upon when it's happier sat in poop.

On a closing note, I am pleased to annouce that I've never been to Traxxas Forum. I don't need to, I'm a proud RCNT Member (and a Revo owner)

I've had my say

When I 1st got into Rc I had a 4tec and later my Tmaxx. I got suspended for asking how to do a .21 Hyper 8 port conversion on my maxx. They said other company stuff was not allowed and wont be permitted. So that was the story of my short stay there. I never went back.

wow, that's ridiculous...glad I never went there in the first place...but then again, I never bothered with traxxas in the first place...

I just read all 4 pages of the Traxxas thread from a couple days ago. First of all, Woodie, I apologize for starting this thread, because I now realize how hard you tried to get rcnt'ers to stop stirring up trouble. That said, I am also more convinced than ever that Traxxas is generally out of line. After all you and other mods did to stop the stirring, THEY come over here to get it on again. Whatever. Like I said, they have a right to their rules. And rcnt is happy to say HELLo to their former members!

Yeah they have some crazy rules, but its there forum, so I guess if the people really wanna post on a forum where its run like Nazi's then I guess thats really there own choice. Sooner or later they'll get fed up and come over to the freedom side, and relize just what they missed while wasting time over there.

To Clarify...

Let's not worry too much on what goes on the other forums. Let's just be happy that Woodie gives us this site to share advice and have fun in. Bashing other sites or other moderators gives no one a better idea of it. First hand experience is best.

Personally, I think jon2's bunghole stinks the worst, but I'm going on purely what SD told me. He said he had personal knowledge of it, and I let it go at that!

Monkey Wrench said:
Personally, I think jon2's bunghole stinks the worst, but I'm going on purely what SD told me. He said he had personal knowledge of it, and I let it go at that!
But its clean.:) :hehe:

Monkey Wrench said:

And that make's you look suspicious for thinking about that comment.

Last edited:
Monkey Wrench said:

Just the fact that you and SD talk about bungholes is disturbing.

Got Nitro? said:
Reason: My spelling suck's harder then a french whooore

What the hell would you know about french whooores?

Thats what I like about this forum,

You guys go from the traxxas forum...
To someone's bunghole...
To talking about some french whore...
All in one post.

Next thing I know, I'm laughing so hard it's either soda or beer all over. :hehe:

bustedgears said:
What the hell would you know about french whooores?

My last girlfreind was part french,and well she was a whoore.

Back