ok i need more help with this truck!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok well i decided to start breaking in the engine and right when i start my engine up the flywheel starts to spin really fast and same with my spur gear, is this normal?? i thought the flywheel would only go when you are holding down the throttle, man what could be wrong?

adjust the trim on the idle via your controller, its the on ont he bottem right that says " TH trim" its probably up all the way, just turn it down ( counter clockwise)

How long have you been at this hobby? Just kidding.

The flywheel will start to spin as soon as the engine is started. Once the engine gets up to speed (as in more rpms caused by throttle inputs) the flywheel will cause the clutch shoes to spread and engage the clutch bell...this in turn engages the spur gear. Once the spur gear gets up enough rpms the tranny will engage.

As mentioned above, you may have some extra throttle input caused by a trim setting on your radio. This will cause the engine to idle at a much higher rpm. If the trim is neutral, and the engine is still idling high...you will need to adjust the idle set screw.

This is best done with the engine off and the air filter removed. Look down the neck of the carb. With the throttle at neutral (closed position) you should see about a credit card thickness (1-2 mm) gap in the carb. If this is not the case, adjust the idle set screw until you see this gap.

From there it is up to how you desire to set your idle. Some do not recommend using the Trim setting on the radio to adjust the idle as this affects the overall throttle throw. Others recommend adjusting linkage and throttle settings via the linkage. I will say that either way can and often does work just fine.

Well said Mr. Sky, as always. I think Pissant may have misconstrue the clutch bell with the fly wheel, no?
:wedgie:

Back