Ofna picco .21 header

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgra2951

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,
I need to know if anyone knows the part # of a good header that I can use for my Classic T-MAXX.. I have searched online, and found some, but the header looks small.. The Truck I got from my brother and he doesn't know where he found this one. I took it to the hobby shop and that guy said that it would be difficult to find one as well.. Any suggestions towards a new muffler combo that will fit would be helpful as well.. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 427
  • securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
The only thing i can suggest is what i done with mine. Go to a 4 shock set up and get a savageX header or in my case a THS pipe and header set for a savage.
agepajy9.jpg
rega6ajy.jpg

So that's stock towers just one side plugged? What shocks are you running?

Any suggestions towards a new muffler combo that will fit would be helpful as well.. Thanks so much!

Is that a Picco Maxx .21 engine? If so, the stock TMaxx 3.3 header will fit and you can use the stock DC resonator pipe or any decent pipe that attaches via an exhaust coupler to the header.

That’s because the pipe in the link you posted is not shown in the correct position. You can run all 4 shocks on the rear with room to spare using the stock header and the picco .21.
I’ve had 5 of the picco maxx .21 engines and the stock header fits them perfectly. The engine was originally designed as a direct replacement for the TMaxx way back in the day with just the engine mount being different. It’s just a .21 and runs decent with the stock sb header and the DC resonator pipe.

Just be aware that you can not use that pipe with the stock tmaxx header.

So if I order that pipe and header combo it will bolt up to ny car and run good? Just want to make sure before I go and purchase it. Thanks for the help man..

As snookman said, a stock tmaxx header and resonator will work. I am running the ths 1/8 scale system because the .26 max runs better with a bb pipe and manifold. I ran the one you have in the ebay link for a while with the .26 and all 4 shocks and it did run fine but with alot of back pressure and caused my carb slide to leak fuel around boot. This may not be an issue with the .21. If snook says it will run fine then i trust him. He has never steered me wrong.

I am running the ofna .21 on my revo. Ran the stock header with aftermarket pipe for awhile. Found a Trinity pipe with a big block header, bought the adapter and installed the BB header and dang man it pulls the wheels in second gear and is way easier to tune. :D

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to order the one in the link today.. I will update once it gets here.. Hopefully all is good and I can get running!!

I have another quick question.. If I order the pipe, how does it mount to the car? Is it a freestanding muffler or does it mount to something?

Attachments

• IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 241
Use a metal coat hanger and cut and bend it to go from pipe mount hole with set screw to chassis behind receiver box. Use a 3x12mm nut and bolt with washers to secure to chassis. I say use coat hanger because its actually stronger than the pipe mount wire or spring that is used stock. I've broken several stock ones till i cut one out of a hanger.
y3yzuzer.jpg

Zoom in on the pic and you can see where the hanger is coming across the chassis just behind receiver box to underside of pipe and then bends up to go thru mount hole on end of my pipe. I also bend mine over the pipe in case the set screw comes loose it will still hold pipe in place. Yours will be on side of pipe opposite of the stinger i believe. Wont be as big as the pipe in the pic here.

You say made to fit, like you made it to fit or it came stock to fit?

Nope as in THS made to fit on a box stock T maxx, as in pull the stock pipe & header off & instal their pipe & header with no modification needed.
Works well for the 2.5/R, OS .18, 3.3(.19) & should work as well for the Picco .21 maxx engine too.

The only part you have to "make" is to bend the pipe hanger into your desired position for your truck, it comes straight .
THSPipe4.jpg