Ofna lx shocks 4 shock setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoitsjus10

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's ur take on that it seems like the cheapest 4 shock set up I've found
Wat to use fronts or rears any big mods to be done to put these on

I just want a buggy truggy look to my t maxx handle better then stock make it like a racer but low budget. All opinions are welcome thanks

I also. Have flm shock towers

You want to use the rear shocks on all 4 corners, the buggy front shocks have less travel then the stock maxx shocks.

I will never go back to the stock type 8 shock configuration since I've been running the 4 buggy shocks.

You will also want different springs than come with the lx one shocks. The stock yellow springs are too soft for the weight of the Maxx.
No mods needed to mount them, just be sure to get the standoffs and the shock cap bushings for the standoffs.

I have no idea what's a stand off I've been searching to find out what it is
Can u please send me a link for the stand offs and the shock cap bushings please

---------- Post added at 7:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 AM ----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ofna-Ul...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item4d0b59c533

These are the ones I was thinking of getting they don't got yellow springs am I getting the wrong shocks

---------- Post added at 8:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:58 AM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130891552891#ht_1444wt_692

Is the little black pieces stand offs?

The standoffs attach to the shock tower and the shock caps mount onto the standoffs (you will just need 3mm screws to attach). The LX2 rear uses the same rear shock as the LX1. In this link you can see the standoffs at the bottom; the bushings are in the shock caps. I’ve never used those white springs so I don’t know if they are stiff enough for the weight of the Maxx.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OFNA-UL...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item1e79be987b

Oh ok so the link u post is the correct ones to get since they have all the parts I need to use other then the screws
U got a link on what screws to use I was looking at my flm shock towers package and it has a bunc of screws and what I seem to be looks like aluminum standoffs would any of this screws work or is there a particular one u used

There’s a couple ways you can mount the shocks/standoffs. The standoffs are threaded to 3mm, you can use a short screw from the inside of the tower into the standoff to attach it to the tower and then another short screw/washer to attach the shock to the standoff. Or you can use a long screw through the tower and standoff with enough threads left to install a 3mm nylock nut and washer to hold the shocks on the standoffs.
I prefer to use a long screw and a nylock nut as no locktite is needed that way.

The FLM standoffs probably will not fit the Ofna shock caps correctly.

Can shock stand offs be purchased separately the shocks I got didn't include it

Back