ofna hyper 10sc nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beave

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have one of these with a .12 os motor and it is a great truck,handles and drives better than all my other sc trucks. here is my issue, i have a new os speed zx 21b engine and am wondering if this platform can handle this engine. being a buggy based platform i think it will work, my concern is the diffs...

tried to see if the 21 would fit,but the shaft is too long and the motor mounts don't line up....:\

the shaft isn't too long,i was looking at it wrong...the mounts however will be a challenge, the ofna mounts don't clear the crankcase of the motor,i have to grind away too much of the mount for it to work so i have my lhs getting some different ones to try. i will get this to work....

have to do too much chassis mods for the swap,picked up a .12 picco from ofna warehouse for 69 bucks...maybe i will try over the winter...:\

installed the picco and got to break it in yesterday,most impressive, it feels as strong as the os12xb i took out. i didn't womp on it yet but the response is there. i was going to put the os back in this truck and put this one in the crt.5, but i don't think i need to...:D

update : ofna has a set of big block mounts that fit the os speed .21,just got them today and mounted them on the motor,they come with spacer plates between the engine and the mount uprights,perfecto! think i will see if i can shoehorn that bad boy in the hyper ten......again,lol:D