Ofna Force .26 *tuning problems 300 temps.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxximus

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I let a friend tune my engine for me. Now, when I run a couple of laps wide open it runs around 280-300. I know this is not good for my engine. I have the H needle rich (good amount of smoke). The L needle is almost closed. The last time I ran it, I richend the needle a little more. That slowed it down a lot. The L needle was still almost in the closed position. I ran around 260-270.
I know the L needle is for throttle response but does it have a factor on the temp also?

Should I go back to factory settings and retune?

What are the factor settings?

Last edited:
Factory is HSN: 2 turns in from flush with brass sleeve and LSN is flush with it's casing. I think my Force .26 is HSN: 2 1/2 turns in with the LSN factory.

Your LSN should never be all the way in. If anything, you want to be the other way around to some degree. Reset to factory specs and retune from there. I do not know the factory settings, but Spit has the same mill so follow his lead.

This says 3 to 3.5 turns out for HSN, LSN leave flush,1/16 inch opening for idle, and MSN don't touch (if you have one).
http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-force25-26.pdf

I would suggest first sealing your engine. Get some sensor safe silicone, remove your backplate, and run a bead of silicone around it before re-installing it. Then do the same to the carb, by removing it, adding a bead of silicone and re-installing it. Often times an air leak can be the cause of a hot running engine requiring odd needle settings.

To tune it, I would say start at their recommendations, and tune the HSN into the 230-250 range (some are now saying with newer fuels and lubricants that 250-270 is fine, but I am a bit skeptical), then once that is done, go after the LSN until the engine dies within 3-5 seconds by pinching the fuel line at the carb. Once you have both of those set, adjust your idle as high as possible without the car moving. Note that you may have to slightly re-adjust the LSN, as it is related to the idle opening (changing one can affect the other).

I always thought Idling was supposed to be set just above the engine stalling. Is there anything bad with that? Hmm...

SpitFireV12RR said:
I always thought Idling was supposed to be set just above the engine stalling. Is there anything bad with that? Hmm...

The higher your engine is revving at idle, the less hesitation before it engages the clutch, and the more responsive your car will feel. For example, if the clutch engages at 5000rpms, your car is going to launch with less lag if it is idling at 4000rpms than 1000rpms.

Last edited: