ofna force 25 pooped

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roffy92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey, as the topic states i fried my ofna force 25 :(
everyone kept telling me the force 25 was indestructable haha not for me and my lack of tuning knowledge obviously :p

i'm now on the hunt for a new engine as i hopefully want to upgrade.
just wondering if any of you have some ideas on whats a good reliable block to upgrade to?

CHEERS! :whhooo:

ah my bad, shoulda been a bit more specific haha.

got a 1/8th GV buggy,
so alot of off roading and thrashing it around over stuff.
(looking for something with a solid acceleration curve and some nice top end power)
i dont really know much about these motors other then what their "advertisements" say

Personal opinion - I wouldnt buy the farm with an outrageously overpriced powerplant until you get more versed with the tuning aspects of nitro. I know the $300-400 novarossi looks cool as hell in the car but if you dont know how to tune than its almost a waste of money for you

valid point.
however i dont like spending money on something thats not going to give me better results then the previous thing i had. if I'm going to buy a new part i would prefer to get a 'better' part? if that makes sense...

my local hobby shop has the same force 25 for $175... i can't find the force 25 online the closest thing i have seen is the force .26 for $135 i think (maybe the 25 is replaced by the 26? I'm not sure)

as far as i can see the only real difference is a little bit more c.c. displacement.
would it be beneficial to buy the .26 or is it much of a muchness?
or maybe go for a different brand all together?

thanks for the input :D

I'm a pretty big fan of Dynamite engines myself. After I blew my 4.6 I invested $150 in the big red version and get alot of power and reliability for around $150. They make buggy versions with roto and pullstart. But again its personal opinion. You can ask 10 guys and probably get 8 different answers

I would recommend the Axial .28RR-2s awesome engine for bashing and racing. smooth and high revving. I have one in my ultra LX 2. you can find them on ebay around $160 - 170

Do yourself a favor and buy a reliable engine. For a Buggy....it's hard to beat a Werks B5 or B6 for the price tag. I would not actually purchase an OFNA Force engine. They run OK, but way underpowered for what they are.

You can even buy a brand new Werks B2 for $170 and they scream very nicely.

I'm a pretty big fan of Dynamite engines myself. After I blew my 4.6 I invested $150 in the big red version and get alot of power and reliability for around $150. They make buggy versions with roto and pullstart. But again its personal opinion. You can ask 10 guys and probably get 8 different answers
How do you tune a 3 needle ofna force 25 engine

Go with an LRP ZR-28 for $160, or for a few bucks more, the ZR-32. For $200, the ZR-32 is a wicked engine. It makes a lot more usable power than the Novarossi 28-7 RT I replaced with it. I have one in my OFNA Ultra Comp, and so far haven't found a brushless buggy that will outrun it, at least not off road. It's also always been reliable and easy to start.