Ofna any good?

• Thread starter IdriveSlideways
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdriveSlideways

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
My wife's uncle has 1/8 Ofna nitro buggy that he said he'd let me have. It's got a seized Reedy .21 engine and blown rear diff And HiTech steering/throttle servo's. He said it worked fine the last time he ran it. That is until the diff blew. It's been locked away in storage for the past 6 years though. If it's worth picking up, I'll definitely restore it to its former glory. I just wanted to know if it was worth my time since its been sitting for so long.

My wife's uncle has 1/8 Ofna nitro buggy that he said he'd let me have. It's got a seized Reedy .21 engine and blown rear diff And HiTech steering/throttle servo's. He said it worked fine the last time he ran it. That is until the diff blew. It's been locked away in storage for the past 6 years though. If it's worth picking up, I'll definitely restore it to its former glory. I just wanted to know if it was worth my time since its been sitting for so long.

It should still be worthy for a little while longer ,until parts on ebay start to fizzle out.
You can put any size b-block engine in it.
You might can find other gear parts that may interchange.
Ofna is calling it quits!

Ofna has always been a good brand ,so I say it is worthy of some last thrill rides!...:D

I might just snatch it up. He said if I didn't take it, it was headed to the dump. Me being the RC pack rat that I am, can't let something like that go to waste.

I might just snatch it up. He said if I didn't take it, it was headed to the dump. Me being the RC pack rat that I am, can't let something like that go to waste.

Depend on what version it is ,I have some xtra a-arms still new in a pkg if you want them.
Been trying to give them away for the past 8 years!...:cool:

Depend on what version it is ,I have some xtra a-arms still new in a pkg if you want them.
Been trying to give them away for the past 8 years!...:cool:
Yeah man that would be cool. I'll let you know if and when I get it.

Any idea though why Ofna would be throwing in the towel? I've always kind of heard they were a good company. But to be honest I had never heard of them of until I found this one. I've only been in the hobby for about 3 years so that's probably why.

That motor's can easily be fixed if the piston hasn't melted into the cylinder wall, if it's because he didn't do any after running maintenance then its fine, all RC vehicles are basically the same and can be made to haul donkey.

That motor's can easily be fixed if the piston hasn't melted into the cylinder wall, if it's because he didn't do any after running maintenance then its fine, all RC vehicles are basically the same and can be made to haul donkey.
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to fix. I was gonna rebuild it anyway.

I still run an old lx 1 ...still kicks ass,.not much breaks on them unless really abused..let us know what parts u need ..I have a small box of xtras as well

I still run an old lx 1 ...still kicks ass,.not much breaks on them unless really abused..let us know what parts u need ..I have a small box of xtras as well
I was talking to my uncle in law (I guess?) about it and he said it was an absolute blast to drive when he had it running. It never saw any track time but was more a purpose built basher than anything. He also found a tool box FULL of spare parts for it. Enough to probably build a whole nother buggy. So the way things are looking, I'm probably gonna get it this weekend and bring her home. I'm actually pretty excited to do a full restoration and get it race worthy.

I smacked mine into a tall curb once at full speed,only needed to replace chassis,center drives and some screws!!!

If it's a Hyper 7 You've struck gold. OFNA's flagship product. Doesn't break. I have high end race kits Kyosho, Serpent, X-ray, Mugen, etc and from a durability standpoint it's as strong as anything on the surface RC market. Different manufacturer than the OFNA'a others listed. This Hobao. :/). Either way great brand and you will be happy. Just know it's challenging at first but also all good hobbies are IMO. :)

I still have a Hyper 7 Pcr Pro that is an absolute beast! I love it!
Damn strait. Greatest single product in OFNA' lineup of you ask me

Back