official nitro evader forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8freak123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:welcome_sign: hi all i just thought i would make an evader thread, so i would like to just start by saying. I got an evader about 5 or 6 days ago, bought masher 2000's for it and i didnt think about buying new rims(big mistake) so i thought i'd boil the tires, well that diddnt work it just warped them i was sooo mad!! so i officialy got :bowned: and i am looking into buying new front rimd, ones that will fit the bearing, any recommendations?? :canadafla :48-Jimmie_Johnson: :redbuggy:

i believe duratrax has specialized rims that you should be able to pick up at the same place you got the evader or just ask the guy for some front dish rims that you can use for the evader. I also have an evader, had it for 2 years or so and just been finiking with it off and on. I got some nice new rear tires comming off tower hobbies soon too. Looking forward to that, theyre nice little toys, when they run at least.... lol or arnt broken. Take advantage of that stress tech gaurantee too, any plastic part breaks in the first year just send it to duratrax and they send you a new out. I wish a had that now... went through a rear shock tower, bottom suspension plate and a rear knuckle... all in the past week... lol but have fun man

i bought it used from a rc shop, but it doesent have the stress tech garuntee (N) unfortunatly but I'm thinking about just going out and spending another 220 for a brandnew one and just use that stress tech garuntee for both you knoe

depending on the motors in them i would suggest if you have anything over a 12 buying about 12 differentials or atleast buying the fancy upgraded diff parts

actually, set right of course, mine has only gone through one set of gears and that was for not following instructions when after the first few runs you should tighten the diff up a bit. This is all of course with a .18 engine, the thing flys when tuned right and everything else isnt breaking on me, god damn I hate curbs.... but you should be ok if you just follow the instructions about setting the diff and if you dont have the instructions just check out the duratrax website, you can download it off there.

Back