Official build thread: Riot Buggy Rock bouncer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!

Video! if you have a youtube account, sbscribe so you can get new videos right off the press!

The suspension looks perfect but I think you need much softer tires with more 'bite'.
That video is almost enough to make me take something outside to play. .....Oh, here's my dog.

That explains what that loud painful sounding wail I heard earlier was. Must have been Rolex when he saw it flip over the first time and get dirty. :eek: Looks good could use some more bite with the tires but looks like a blast to drive.

Yeah Rolex, I actually put some softer springs in the riot yesterday and bought crawler innovation 2 stage foams with soft outters. Waiting for them to arrive!

Rig looks like it performs great, nice video. Also, CI double deuce foams are the stuff for a good all around mix of crawling and bashing. I still want to try out the dueces wild foams on a faster rig though.

I have a bunch of proline powerstroke shocks coming in tomorrow. 4 90mm front, and 6 100mm rears all with spring tuning kits. A dynamite touchscreen charger, zippy 2200 7.4v Lipo and scale jackstands

Ordering another bouncer chassis... This is getting out of hand

Ya can't lol. I'm gonna give this one to my son and build another, another build thread here in a few months!

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing another scaler, but haven't decide which direction I want to go.

Did some modification to the chassis, drilled holes further forward so my wheels were sticking forward a little more and the rear are a little more tucked now. Now I don't have to worry about hitting my chassis on anything that's 90 degrees in front or back:) I think it looks better too. Will take a keen eye to see the difference!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good question... I might clean it tomorrow after I run it. Got a creek run tomorrow!

Yep! I'll probably submarine it and full throttle it in and out if water to simulate a power wash lol.

Back