odd tmaxx 3.3 shifting issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got her running pretty well. Finally got the idle low enough to shift into reverse somewhat reliably.

Odd problem..... WOT flat pavement straight line. Takes off like an animal, RIGHT WHEN IT SHIFTS INTO 2nd...... the engine hesitates.....you can hear it quiet down... kinda stumbles / bucks a bit.... enough so it slows down a bit..... then she hits second gear and wheelies.... and runs fine.

Good smoke from exhaust.... seems to run pretty damn well at all rpm's (slight hesitation if you nail it from a stop)

Its the tmaxx model 4909 3.3 engine, optidrive has been removed and I am running an ofna fail safe.

I can live w it....... but has anybody seen this before?

A video would help a lot.

My t-maxx originally had some shifting issues but it smoothed out as I drove it more.

Your tune is slightly off. Lean the hsn about an hour. Go the other way if that doesn't improve anything. Play with it in very small increments. Run it for a few minutes between changes.

Tried leaning it out a tad as mentioned. didnt help. Problem is getting WORSE!!!

It will now STALL COMPLETELY when it tries to shift.

Kinda a screwy problem.... the motor sounds great.... why the heck would 2nd gear cause a stall???

Been playin w the HSN back and forth..... doesn't seem to matter.....

Thing seems to be runnin great but as soon as it tries to shift into 2nd it bogs and dies....... if I let off the throttle..... I can keep going in 1st gear..... but 2nd gear makes it stall every time??????

HELP!!!

I have not changed ANYTHING and it used to shift fine....... is it posible the 2nd gear is fried??? So when it tries to shift it has so much resistance the motor stalls?

Took the tranny out.... looks fine inside......gonna play w it some more I guess...... I was expecting melted gears ect.

try taking the tranny out and cleaning the 2nd gear gears.. may be sticking or got something stuck in there??? if not tht i wouldnt have a clue i never heard of that probem haha

Back