odd nosie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxVASSAGOxX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i got a odd noise from my nitro rustler its like 2 peices metal rattleing?
this is a BRAND NEW rig just broke in any ideas what this sound is?

Can you pin point the noise? Did you check your flywheel, clutch?

fly wheel and clutch are ok, i think i have pinpointed the noise to the disc brake?

Sounds like you should turn your idle down, sounds like its the Clutch Bell, chattering with the spur gear.

i thought that also, but i can hear it under throttle?

and the spur is still plastic how would it make that noise?

i thought that also, but i can hear it under throttle?

and the spur is still plastic how would it make that noise?

Hmmmm. Then maybe it is your disc brake. I did not read that when I posted. But I know mine chatters like that when the idle's too high.

But if you say it's doing it under throttle then it can't be that.

my mgt was doing that to so i pulled the engine and took the clutch bell off and it turned out being that a peice had broke off one of the clutch shoes and was getting thrown around the bell

i bet thats what it is... but this rig is now 3 days old, can it come from factory broke you think?

well yesterday i ran it almost full speed into a telephone pole busting the front left shock and shock mount, but it was making that noise before, i fixed it today and run it around a wile, still hear it, its like the sound of 2 metal rods clanking?

well yesterday i ran it almost full speed into a telephone pole busting the front left shock and shock mount, but it was making that noise before, i fixed it today and run it around a wile, still hear it, its like the sound of 2 metal rods clanking?

i'm not really sure than.....if the guys at your lhs aren't jerks they might take a look at it for free and beable to diagnose a problem

well the problem there is, the only lhs is owned by a 300 year old man and its a train store, he just carry's traxxas parts and fuel, and a few RTR kits... he is nice, just still thinks its 1937

is $325 for a brand new rtr rustler2.5 with a quart of 20% a decent deal?

well the problem there is, the only lhs is owned by a 300 year old man and its a train store, he just carry's traxxas parts and fuel, and a few RTR kits... he is nice, just still thinks its 1937

lmfao...can you post pics and maby one of us could maby see if there's somthing wrong

is $325 for a brand new rtr rustler2.5 with a quart of 20% a decent deal?

$325 isn't that good of a deal cause you can get a new one off of amain for $289...here's the LINK

ok but factor in shipping and the bottle of fuel... i didnt pay shipping and fuel was free which is $13.99 and shipping would have been about $20? so thats $327.99

Back