O.S. .18 CV-R in Traxxas Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammer47

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all! I'm looking online and I found a good deal on a OS .18 CV-R. Is there any way this will fit into a nitro rustler? Can I put a pull start on this? Thanks all!

I'm thinking your gonna need the cvr-x crankshaft in addition to the pull start, the bumpstart does not have the starter pin as far as I know. I know for a fact it will fit in a N. Rustler though

So how much do you think I'm looking at for replacement parts and where do I find them?

Tower hobbies should have the parts, but by the time you spend the money you could just get a cvr-x instead its plenty more than you would need in that truck. Or just drop in a trx 3.3

Tower hobbies should have the parts, but by the time you spend the money you could just get a cvr-x instead its plenty more than you would need in that truck. Or just drop in a trx 3.3

Only reason I was looking was I could have got one NIB for 80$

Only reason I was looking was I could have got one NIB for 80$

You'll spend another $80 on crankshaft, pull start front parts and the pull start assembly itself.

Buy an HPI Nitrostar .18 pull start for the same $80 and be done with it. They will move that Rustler just as well as the .18 CV-R. The CV-R is a good engine, but doesn't really outclass other .18 size mills.

The .18 TZ is another story, though...:whhooo: