O Great Bad News From Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Castrello

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
differential failures thats the word from traxxas website now i just got my revo havent broke it in yet and now something else to worry about anyone no more about this subject before i break in my honey.

also i charged my rx pack today and was wondering if any one did what i did and if is bad ok here is what i did:

i charged the rx pack like the directions said to and when the light on it started blinking like the directions said it would. the charger went solid solid after about 90-115 min.then i unpluged it and pluged it back in and guess what the light started to blink like it was charging again. now do u see my question is this bad to charge it after the light goes solid green few times or just let it charge once and trust it.

also wanted to know how long does the rx pack stay charged after i charge it with no load on (example it is charged now will it stay charged over night and should throw it on the charger tommarow before i break it in)

and please say a prayer for me tonight cuz i am going to break her in tomarow

thank you guys for reading and sorry for the long questions!

chazz castrello

Usually you can tell the battery is charged when it is very warm. I always take the cover of while i am charging. Its only one screw :) What you did shouldn't hurt it. Thats what i do to my 3300s for racing. So far i havn't had any false peaking problems with the traxxas charger. It works very well. As for durability, mine has been great. I just put on the long travel rockers and jacked it up and it is so much fun. Good luck and have fun.

I have seen a blown ring gear on my buddys revo. I havent had any problems yet though.

wow, at least their addressing it right away.

-Ult

I'm jealous, I can't break poop so far.

ahaha that thing sould of been broke by now

:argue: :shrug: :smoke: blah are u making fun of me?

Team Castrello said:
:argue: :shrug: :smoke: blah are u making fun of me?

No he was talking to me and the way he saw me beat the hell out of my REVO and it still did not break.

HumboldtBlazer said:
I'm jealous, I can't break poop so far.
Nope he's not making fun of anyone. I witnessed HB litterally beating the crap out of his Revo at the Nor Cal Bash. The worst thing that happened was body damage and a scratched head.

StrechM said:
The worst thing that happened was body damage and a scratched head.

I was so stoked whenI did that! They make it harder to scratch on the REVO.

There are now 3 Revos that I've seen at the local track. No problems. So what's the word on the ring gear? If it goes Traxxas will replace it free?

I've beat the hell out of mine and the only thing that tore it up was hitting a large fire extinguisher on a cart on our ramp at WOT. I lost the right front wheel and suspension but the truck kept going on 3 wheels.

traxxas said a small number of spider gears were machined under-sized, and you know what happens inside of a diff when gears arent meshed corectly. on there web site they say stay tuned for further info on how many units and what not may have shipped with the bad gears. i can say the revo that runs at our track absolutly owns, the driver of course is a big reason but hes got nothing but 40 series bow ties on stock revo and he tears the track up.

Besides seeing the broken ring gear and front bumper mount, I also saw a shock shaft snapped in two. It wasn't pretty. :depress:

Back