Now if this aint a shot in the dark i dont know what is

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preludetospeed

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just thougth that i would ask since i know people are starting to make them now. I have been stairing my old weedeater with a good engine for a while since i blew up the Nitro motor in my Rustler with a 2.5. I know that putting the weedeater motor in the rustler might be imposible since the chassie is so small but i just had to ask since i ran this engine into the ground and it still runs but the Nitro motor doesn't have mroe then 4 or 5 hours on it and i have been trying to get it to start for about 3 years (not really that hard) but i just dont have the money to sink into a new motor (right now) i just thought i would see if i could maybe biuld a small one using some of the parts from the rustler. Thanks for any help or addvice.

Weed Eater on Rustler? I would say yes, but that would also entail a lot of fabrication. Including a new chassis big enough to fit it. Then a retrofit of a clutch system that would be compatible. Plus finding gears that would work on both sides of they system. Honestly? A new .15 engine would be cheaper.

I only read the 1st two sentances and I already say uh-uh.. (nope).. Anythings possible but that would be way more work than its worth. Rustler is going to be to small. Maybe with a custom chassis thats alot bigger and wider I guess, but like candy said doing the gearing and the clutch work would be pretty hard.

Makes since thats what i thought would be the case. Now i am not really scared of a little fab work but i just thought i would ask just on the off chance that someone would have done it before. But now i guess the question is... how do you like your big cars with the 2 cycle motors already in them?? Like the one from HPI i think it is or the "Monster buggy" because like i said in my post above i just want something that i can put pump gas with a little 2 cycle oil in and run. i have only run my Nitro truck a little and alreay i have rebuilt the 2.5 that was in there and replaced just about everything but not the motor yet. maybe i just need to try to get a motor and ask you guys about tuning it and stuff because i dont think it ever ran right.

Words of wisdom... Sell the rustler and start saving for a Baja 5b! There would be a HUGE amount of fabrication for a weedeater engine to fit on a rustler, not to mention the weight. It would most likely run in circles due to the weight on one side (not really, but you get my point). I'm all for people making custom stuff and all, but it really is not worth it in this case. Like I said, get a Baja, even if it takes a while to save up for, it will be well worth the wait!

yeah thats what i thought i have been wanting one since they came out. I wish i could find a used one. I just dont have 1000 bucks since i just got into racing my car (the car i drive) but i will keep playing the lotory and try to sell my rustler anyone?

Back