Novice question time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Silly question regarding driving on stones, so I used to take my Nitro car out on the red gra near my parents and it would slide around and be great fun however, it is no longer there. I have a building site near me that has a massive car park made up of loose pebbles which I was going to play on however I'm not sure if they would break my car when they ping up and don't want to risk it if it is an obvious stupid idea ha any thoughts? I have a Hot Bodies Lightning 2 which I have raised by about an inch or so for going off road

Worst case senario you may strip a gear, and might scuff the chassis up a little bit.

Little pebbles have a way of finding areas to get into and wreak havoc. We had one get lodged between the A-arm and the left front axle on our Kraton, and it ground some nice grooves in it. It was a real pain getting it out of there without tearing it down, which I almost resorted to.

Last edited:
If possible it best to put a screen over your internals to try to keep pebbles out of the gears. You can put shields on the arms but with a lot of pebbles they will find places to cause trouble.

If possible it best to put a screen over your internals to try to keep peoples out of the gears. You can put shields on the arms but with a lot of pebbles they will find places to cause trouble.
Fixed it for ya 😜

I try not to drive in peoples. Last time I did the people came out crying about their peoples. Said they seen me from their peepholes. I had to put all the peoples back then apologize to the people. I'm just not a peoples person now.

Don’t get me wrong. I will climb big peoples singles or in a group. But I use my rock caulker for that.

Well looking at the comments I think I'll stick to the fields near by instead, they are small pebbles and although I don't mind scratching it up a bit and have some guards on the car I don't fancy snapping anything yet as haven't long got it running again. Thanks all :)

When I run in small rock/sand I throw a dust cover on it. If they don’t have one specifically for one of my vehicles I’ll just grab something I know will fit or be a little large. I Velcro it from front to back and zip tie up the extra material. Can usually get them for 10-14 on eBay.

I use 1 for 4 of my buggies and 1 for my 3 sct. I just swap it between them if I plan I using that one.

If I have open holes 🕳 n the bottom of the chassis I will shoe goo the same material over them.

Back