novarossi s12 carb slider stuck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctimewaster

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got this engine used and the seller said it was "locked" he was not sure though but i checked and the engine turns over very smooth with excellent compression i think it could still run excellent but the carb slider is stuck and it should not be and i don't want to force it.
I don't know what's causing it not to slide and i have taken out some of the needles and the nut that holds the carb on but i can't figure how to remove it now, any tips would be appreciated!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Remove the carb from the engine, remove everything non-metal from the carb, spray WD40 and heat the carb up (a lot), then try to move it. Once it does, spray some more WD40 on the slider and slide it around a couple times

I'm unsure how to turn the carb bolt to remove the carb it did have a nut on the other side that i did remove.
But the other side that i have circled is just flat how does it turn or does it?
Screenshot 2024-01-20 163309.png

That bolt cannot be removed while the carb is in the engine. If you removed the nut from that carb bolt, the carb should be free to move out the engine. If that doesn't go so easy, try wiggling it a bit to free it up👍

This is that bolt, and it can't be turned or removed when the round bottom of the carb sits in the round hole of the screw
Screenshot_20240120_095531_Google.jpg

Thanks fstnd for being a champ i'll give it ago:thumbs-up:

I got it off easy with a bit of wiggling i will try heating it tomorrow i don't know what's causing it to be stuck though.

7.jpg

8(1).jpg

I got it off easy with a bit of wiggling i will try heating it tomorrow i don't know what's causing it to be stuck though.
Great you got it off👍 last time a carb was stuck for me, it was because of old nitro fuel gummy residue. By heating up the block you're freeing up the residue and make it more liquid.

Thanks fstnd i will try it tomorrow:)

I going to put the carb in a small bake oven for a short while instead of putting a flame on it.

i removed all needles and sprayed carb cleaner through it then cleaned with dish detergent.
it's in the oven now at 120 degrees i will then remove it and tap on the slider end to see if it budges.
Screenshot 2024-01-21 101945.png

Nice...It came out easy after removing from the oven.
Thanks to fstnd i got this out.
IMG_20240121_103355_347.jpg

Last edited:
when removing the slider to clean it with carb cleaner make sure it goes back the same way with the side grooves on the side.:)

I got the carb back together it slides perfect now this engine might just rip when it goes back into the kyosho:)

Nice, feel more than free to post pictures once you're finished😄

Nice, feel more than free to post pictures once you're finished😄
Absolutely !!
But i am spending more time buying used rc's though...that's all i have done so far this morning :hehe:

Back