Novarossi .12 NS12 S3/A1 engine for $100, go for it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouzouki

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It has been stored away for 8 months but he claims he

"cleaned the engine with nitro cleaner actually and serpent clening gum. after that I lubed it with afterun oil which it still has. The engine look brand new."

What do you guys think

I saw that too.. Ebay right.. another guy leaving the hobby (for good this time he says) but yeah, seemed like a good deal. Hook it up!

This engine is almost identical to the Nova-rossi Mugen X-12 correct?

Meaning it should put out around ~1.5 hp and retail for around $250?

Yeah, I think the only differance is the cooling heads..

Bouzouki said:
This engine is almost identical to the Nova-rossi Mugen X-12 correct?

Meaning it should put out around ~1.5 hp and retail for around $250?
I have both the NS12S3 and the Mugen X12. The main difference is that the X12 is a long stroke engine with a turbo crank. The NS12 does claim a hp output of 1.52 hp and the X12 is slightly higher. Where the NS12 putters out, the X12 will keep on pulling because of the long stroke.

The X12 is a great engine but can be a bit tempermental with tuning. My biggest complaint with it is the poor fuel economy, even with proper tuning. On the same track with the same exact car (just hotswap the engines) I can get about 7-8 minutes from the NS12 but barely 6 with the X12.

The only thing "identical" between the 2 engines is the block. Performance and placement of the power are far from similar.

Back