Notorious 6s twisted the hex into the wheel and I cannot get it out.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I have no idea how it even happened, it's embedded in the wheel.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, we call torque.. congrats. 😁

And that, ladies and gentlemen, we call torque.. congrats. 😁
This isn’t the first time this has happened to any of my cars, it happened to 2 wheels on my Revo, I never knew a nitro could do that.

I had a traxxas .15 do it twice on 12mm. My stampede I used to put rounded wheels on the front and pull fronts to drive the rear.

The most my Pro .15 has done is shred the inside of the diff in my Nitro Rustler.

I have no idea how it even happened, it's embedded in the wheel.
Aluminum or plastic hex? If its plastic, and it heated it, it could be melted into the wheel. Getting it out, especially if its plastic, will probably just destroy the hex, but, you can try using a small flat blade screwdriver, and knocking it out by going through the axle hole and tapping it gently in a couple different spots. Personally, i would just run it until it fully rounds out the wheel, then, if the tire is still good, take it off that wheel, and put it on another one. A tip that may or may not work for removing good tires from wheels, especially if you live in an area where you run the furnace quite often, and have floor vents like most of the northeast, put the wheel on the vent before you leave for the day. It doesn't work all the time, but, i have had it work a few times when i did that.

It’s an aluminum hex, I’ll try to get it off later today. I hope it isn’t messed up but I do have a spare thankfully.

It’s an aluminum hex, I’ll try to get it off later today. I hope it isn’t messed up but I do have a spare thankfully.
If its aluminum, they usually are easy to remove. My trick is to take a mini flat screwdriver, put it at an angle in the axle hole, so its against the hex, and tap it until it moves, then do the same on the opposite side.

Back