not sure whats wrong, need help....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
alrighty...here is the deal. i have an older savage s25 that has finally decided to not play nice with me. its starts fine, but for some reason maybe 10% the power is reaching the wheels. the motor just revs and revs but power seems to get wasted before getting to the wheels.

Heres what i checked so far:
-I've checked all the grub screws and they installed and tight.
-slipper is set all the way down and backed out 1/4 turn
-wheel hex are not stripped (running ramtech alum wheels)
-engine is tune correctly...as in its not bogging and giving plenty of smoke.
-diffs are freshly rebuilt with oil and new gears
-brand new tranny. bought off ebay.
-Spur gear mesh is fine

anyone have any ideas? is my clutch? :ponder2: when i i rev the engine the clutch bell engages and spins the spur but nothing....

some more info on the truck: i'm running a mach 26, zombie tires, stock CB and spur....

trace the slippage, turn the truck over and watch the shafts, see where the spinning stops.. there is your problem..

u mean with the truck running or off?
i did that with the truck off and the shafts spin just fine...

you will have to do it runnin, just watch closely at the center shafts and axles, see which ones spin and which ones dont.

Tighten the slipper all the way and run it. If it runs fine, you know where the problem is. You may need to replace the slipper clutch itself, may have worn itself down.

Make sure you didn't lose a set pin in any of the drive cups.

thanks guys i'll check these out tomorrow.
if anyone else has any thoughts, fire away. i'm all ears

There is a one way bearing in the tranny also that might be acting up. Also back the slipper nut 1/8th out from all the way tight instead of 1/4. I had to dot hat with my Mach 26 in my Savage.

this is a strange one but...if you have a reverse mod check to make sure it is not half ingaged(sp). had it happen to me and the truck was running around w/ a reverse gear ratio...

Back