Not even fun anymore.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was out the other day with my bro again and we were hittin sum nice jumps. Anyway, i bent the hell outa my new hevy duty motor plate and bent my tvp's. Dident really have that bad of a spill. I was shocked wen i seen what i broke. I dident even get a full tank outa it wen i was out. Does anyone else break this many parts as i do? Am i just being too hard on it? Thought it would hold up alittle better than this!

The Savage has a reputation for being a pretty tough truck. That said it's not invinsible either. Sometimes a relatively light impact at an awkward angle will create tons of damage. That's just the way it is.

Being a vertical ladder based chassis-ed vehicle, its inevitable that it will twist, to some degree. Unlike a pan type chassis that is used on other monster trucks, it will twist because there's less supporting the chassis in the center than on the other trucks. Now, that being said, it IS stronger front to back than a pan chassis is because, up and down, it acts like one giant stiffener. You might have seen some pan chassis fold and buckle from casing a jump or running head long into something. When that happens, your just witnessed physics and mechanics of metal at work. A good example is..think of a baseball player hitting a home run. If he hits it in the right spot, its going out of the field, and if he hits it in the wrong spot, its going no where fast, even causing the bat to shatter. The bat is strong one way, but not the other.

Try some FLM or Innovative TVPs. They're a bit thicker and made for bashing. I haven't managed to bend mine yet and I'm pretty rough on the ole Savvy. I believe that both companies have a life time warranty too.

I have for that a center skid plate will help the twisting/bending issues

Back