Northern NJ on road parking lot racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kp321

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hey folks, if you near Northern NJ and like RC racing on a recreational level.. come join us in Hackensack NJ tomorrow at 10am.

We have a group that is growing and spreading rc love looking to have more rc people join our family of rc friends.

Here is a video from one of our races..

Hit me up for more info

what type of lap timing system do you have?I raced A parking lot oval back in the day 92 ish fun city

Actually our admins just did a group preorder for some transponders so we could start tracking the laps.

Currently we are just doing the honor system calling our own laps.

Lost Traction RC facebook group, come join us.

I'm on the wrong side of the country to join in. :(
Lol I feel the same way about the east coast when I see all the events and on road video all coming out of Cali.. 😂🤣😅

Just trying to build it up here in the area full of population but not enough on road racing..

I wanted to have race prizes and an actually trophy cup for the winner, but the league is so low rent. I would bring my Heisenburg Cup Racers to test their mettle, but my batteries would die before I finished the walk.

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm here in Indiana though, so I will have to watch from afar.
Start a group out there, find an empty lot.. buy some kids chalk in bulk along with the chalk tools to mark the lot.. make a group and spread the love, set it up and they will come..

And to top it off, no entry fees.. just group participation. Speak to our admin on how he did it.. I’m happy I found the group just by asking where I could go to race these cars I bought in another group.

Make memorable moments.. for yourself and new found friends.. Looking forward to seeing new ideas to grow what ya love..
I wanted to have race prizes and an actually trophy cup for the winner, but the league is so low rent.
Our admin has dumped his own money to building it.. get enough people and maybe in future you can talk to a local hobby shop about sponsoring your races.. maybe group discounts or they have giveaways for you to give away.

Start the trend.. make these mfg’ers not forget about the recreational racers vs these pro tourneys.

I use dish cones to mark the course, since I don't own the lots in which I race. That's what I want, recreational, but well disciplined league. Stadium trucks only, super sticky tyres not permitted, but you are allowed as much horsepower as you can handle.

I use dish cones to mark the course, since I don't own the lots in which I race.
We have towns here in NJ with blue laws so on Sundays, many businesses are closed.
The way I see it, most won’t mind but if they ask you to leave, apologize for the intrusion and find a new spot. You could always ask a business with a large lot as well. The chalk washes away easily and usually gone by next day on it’s own.

We are living in crazy times, I think these group gatherings play better than some of the crazy things people do nowadays and should be seen as positive therapy for people who need to escape from their realities.

That looks so,so much fun! Cheap recreational racing with like minded folks. What more can one ask for?
Exactly, no stress, just fun and a little competition always a healthy mix. Hope to see more there.

Back