Ohio Northeast Ohio Nitro ovals

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BURNTHEFOAM

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey I'm from Mentor Ohio about 30 minutes form Cleveland. Just about every
weekend a small group of buddies assemble in any nice local parking lot and
run our 1/10 nitro touring cars. Also running stadium trucks. Ususally it's about 4 or 5 of us but there has to be more people around here into the same thing. let me know, come out and race!

Hey there! I'm in Aurora, about 35 minutes south of Mentor. I don't race much but just curious where you guys get together.

It's nothing organized or anything. Mostly just a small group of us that find an empty dept store lot or a church. We just set up the biggest oval track we can depending on space and pavement conditions. We have had as little as two of us or as many as seven. Usually we run them until we break them. Then grab the trucks and tear up the closest dirt lot. In the past it has turned into a Saturday and Sunday affair, I'd say that's due to luck, for the most part they end up broken same day. The best spots I've ran at were right by Hobbytown near the great Lakes mall, or at Lakeland college. The target in Painesville is good when it's empty. Also a few local churches have been re-paved recently and are large and flat.

I'm in chardon ohio and just run my truck any where that is open

Ya pretty much the same deal. A local school has some big fields and baseball
diamonds along with a mulched playground. Always fun to fling some mulch.

Back