North Carolina (All over)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc2014fan

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all. Looking to meet up with people to race and bash with. Would like some info on some good tracks and where you race or bash at. I live in chapel Hill and don't have really anywhere to run. Heard of some good ones in Fuquay. Let's burn some nitro this summer!!! Thanks

I'm a member of Cape Fear in Fuquay, and it's a VERY nice track. Not too far from you either. I live down in Clayton and it takes me @ 25-35 to get there. Probably 40 min for you give or take. I plan to be out there Wed after work, and possibly Friday afternoon for a few hours.

There is another track I just heard about in Raeford, and one out in King, NC as well. I need to go check those out one of these days!

Fayetteville,NC here. I went to the new track in Raeford this past weekend. Its still a brand new layout so until it matures Fuquay is the best spot. I will be out there this weekend but I'm not sure which day i need to get ahold of my buddy to see when. If you are interested in coming its 20 dollars to enter and i am thinking its another 20 to use one of there transponders.

Fuquay track is still new as well, but they built it the right way for sure. 2nd points race is coming up this Saturday, 3rd race ever. Same pricing really. $20 per class, $10 for a transponder rental. It's a club race this Saturday so you need to be a guest to race though. Just post on the forums...someone will bring you.

Moto I am only 3 maybe 4 hours from you, we are going to have to hook up and race sometime. I don't know how far you are willing to drive but for my crew a few hours is nothing. They go to the Farm in Charlotte pretty often. I have yet to go there but the track is supposed to be awesome.

Sounds like a plan to me. ROAD TRIP! ;-) I have a buddy out in Charlotte that I need to go and see one of these days. He's into RC as well. You should come out to Cape Fear one of these weekends. It's a KILLER track.

The web site sucks, but watch a few of the videos to get a feel for the track. Pro Buggy class turns @ 33 sec lap time. The rest of us noobs like 50 secs. hehehe

http://www.capefearrcraceway.com/

That looks like so much freakin fun!!!!!! I gotta check it out soon. Everyone always racing or any weekend excursions for bashing? Wanna do both! :D Gotta retune this weekend for new fuel. Can't wait to finally race but wanna go see the track and how it works..

So who all is going to Fuquay this weekend? I am leaving at 6Am tomorrow morning. Be on the lookout for a tan colored extended cab full size GMC truck with some loud ass exhaust and that will be me.

I was signed up for it....but my other half has to work from 10AM till 7 tomorrow....so no way in hell am I bringing a 3 year old and a 2 month old with me ALL DAY. So I'm taking the weekend off this time around. I may come watch for a bit though. We shall see.

I was there today, and all I can say is GOOOOD LUCK! Track was a little wet, but nothing too bad. It will be PERFECT after practice tomorrow. They just re-did the rhythm section this afternoon...and made the step-on to step off a little bigger. The new rhythm section is MASSIVE. lol 6 in a row, and let me warn you #3 is BIIIIG. double-double-double through it....or if you can do a quad-double. The third one is too steep to land on the downside, and it hurts it you faceplant on it. hehe

Once it wears down a bit, you can probably triple-triple....but right now it's pretty big. Everyone there was having issues with it. The rest of the track is cake though. You will have a BLAST.

Awesome track, i'll definitely have to go there!

Get your butt down here Scrogg! ;-) My new truggy is almost together finally. Wheels and exhaust came in today!

Show us some pics!
BTW I'll have to bring my ass UP there!:D

Back