Noob needs help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk2abaTurbo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, new to nitro, not sure what i've got.

A friend of mine wanted to get this out of his basement, and i've always wanted a nitro truck so he gave to me... yes for free.

From the little research I've done, it looks like it is a team associated monster gt with a team losi motor and pipe.

I am trying to figure out the size/power output of this motor, and what exactly this chassis is called (I see MGT 8.0, mini MGT, ect. :\ ) The motor says "axial" on it.

on to the pics:
rctruck003.jpg

rctruck001.jpg

rctruck002.jpg

Thanks for any info,
Jeff :)

Your engine is an Axial .28 Spec 1. Decent power when it runs correctly. The truck looks like an AE MGT. For the price ya can't beat it.

Joey is spot on with his identification. Only things I would add are that you might want to consider loosing those Integy (read crappy) shocks and get the correct pipe for that application.

Looks like it has a mean head gasket leak, too. May just be the header. I'd clean it, seal it, run new lines, check the tank for leaks, new glow plugs and fuel and start 'er at factory settings.

Joey is spot on with his identification. Only things I would add are that you might want to consider loosing those Integy (read crappy) shocks and get the correct pipe for that application.

Why would the pipe matter... I'm a noob to r/c's, but not engines, and i know on 2 stroke dirt bikes, aftermarket pipes make a world of diffrence. Also, i thought integy shocks were good... what is a decent shock i should look for?

Had it out yesterday rippin around my dads farm, wasted $50 on a new rechargeable glow plug heater just to find out the one he gave me was also rechargable (anyone wants a new glow plug heater w/charger never used $50 shipped), but other wise it was pretty sweet.... only thing was if i just tap the gas full throttle, its like the servo gets confused, and hangs up... it took off on me and wouldnt stop a couple times. I replaced the batteries in the truck and it helped a bit but still didnt make me feel confident in it.