Nitrotek Nitro Cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakewebb

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I purchased a Nitrotek car from my son for christmas and it failed straight out the box. The servo or reciever caught fire, it went back to them not once but 3 times for repair. Nitrotek promised to replace it with a new unit but instead they sent the same piece of crap right back to my door again without touching it. It cost me nearly 30 quid in curior fees and 3 months later it still dident run properly. Is it just me or has others had problems with these Nitrotek models? I actualy purchased a reasonably good one from them with lots alluminium parts. In my book Nitrotek = disapointment.:(

Honestly I don't even know of Nitrotek, thats crappy though I've never seen servos go up in flames, totally bizarre even any brand out of the box performs for a bit lol

Nitrotek brand new car caught fire

Yeh the whole house filled with burning electrical smoke from the car. You can just imagine how disapointed my nipper was on Christmas day. I had no end of problems with them after that. One things for sure I will never buy anything from them again, in case you dident know them they are at nitrotek.co.uk bunch of cowboys but that is just my opinion.

It was a bug crusher car, I brought the dearer one the big crusher pro hoping it would be real good but I may as well have thrown the money on our open fire for what what good it was. To add insult to injury I swapped the servo which caught fire (It's wires where trapped in the chassis causing a short circuit) for an old one off a m8 so I could get it running for the boy. Nitrotek held me to rights and the consumer advice line told me I was not entitled to a refund because I had altered THIER goods, what a bloody cheek eh?

i bought 1 off there an it seems to be working fine atm, no problems what so ever, which 1 did you have mate

Ya get what you pay for in this hobby. It's a bit unfortunate, but completely common. The cheaper the vehicle, the more you have to take problems like this into your own hands. Every new rc should be inspected thoroughly before the switch is turned on. Even high-end machines. Mistakes happen in the manufacturing process. I'd can that rig and pick up something more common. The Traxxas Slash is a great first rc for example. Tough, reliable, simple and some of the best customer support in the hobby.

i have just stated out in this hobby not got my truck yet i was going to buy from nitrotek my self but people told me to keep away as they charge a fortune and there support is rubbish but try this company www.rc-hobbies.co.uk they are about 30 quid cheaper and had i know people who got theres from there. the truck brought was the backwash pro? or the condor pro? and if you need parts try these www.blacksmithproducts.co.uk my bro uses them says they are cheap hope this helps

Its seems they have not changed any. Nitrotek are a disgrace.

After 18 months and still no car working, i have returned the car and its come back as it was. Below is their report, and my final response.
There are hundreds of messages in between, just trying to get it fixed.

RESULTS OF INSPECTION: Customer has returned the model in original packaging, missing top half of outer box and the smaller internal box. Missing grease and most of the tools- screwdrivers, glow starter, and filling bottle. Additional items have been returned: such as the spare parts/screws provided, batteries in car and transmitter, and the original central gearbox. Model is in used condition: has been fully assembled, grease has been applied to the front drive shafts/cups, writing in manual, fuel has been run through its system, it has been started- though not driven, minor wear to central gears, very light scuffs to the underside of the chassis, and some very minor rusting to metal parts- such as the drive shafts and turnbuckles. Customer has made some errors when building and using the model: the High-Speed Needle was 4¼ turns out from closed and has now been corrected to 3, front-upper suspension arms are back to front- however this is down to a couple of incorrect pictures in the manual, brake pad screws too tight, stopping collets positioned wrong on throttle and brake linkages- brakes are applied and servo horn isn't centred when at idle, missing plastic dome piece from brake linkage, and bind plug left in the receiver. Customer has two, roughly 15cm long, silicone tubes fitted to the fuel tank and one much shorter one on the brake linkage, as there should be. Although page 128 does make reference to the fuel supply line being 20cm long, this diagram is only intended to be used for visual reference when fitted the tubing, it does more accurately say they should receive 3 x 15cm tubes in the parts list on page 118 of their manual. Regardless, this is of little importance: while an extra 5cm of fuel line may have small benefits, the tubing provided is more than long enough to serve its purpose and fits perfectly fine. The bend in the silicone coupling is always present in both Self-Build and RTR versions of this model, it is due to the mounting post pulling the exhaust pipe into the fuel tank. This bend is unlikely to have any affect on performance, and if it did it would likely not be an observable one. Figures 2 and 3, on pages 132 and 133 respectively, show the rear wing mounts being fitted back to front, this is an error that does need to be corrected in the manuals. However, the text in figure 2 does correctly explain how to position it, and the very next figure 4 on page 133 correctly shows how they should be fitted also. Fuel was leaking out from between the engine and the exhaust manifold. This was simply down to the two mounting screws being slightly loose, so the gasket was not properly sealing the parts together, there is no damage to the gasket. The screws have now been tightened down and the engine was left to run to test this, it is no longer leaking oil at all, some thread lock on these screws would help prevent them working loose in future. The front drive shafts are too loose and are falling out of the axle drive cups, this is due to the ball screws not being screwed far enough into the ends of the suspension arms. The same applies to the rear drive shafts, although not enough for them to fall out also. The reason for the gearbox not outputting drive is due to it being a 2-Speed gearbox, and the customer has not also fitted a 2-Speed clutch bell. The single speed clutch bell that the customer has left on the engine is only turning the second speed gear, which spins freely by design until the first speed gear and shaft spin fast enough to engage it. Can the customer please make payment and confirm their delivery address, and I will have the model returned to them. POSTAGE: £10.00 TOTAL: £10.00 PAYMENT METHODS: Credit / Debit Card: Call 0161 883 0054 PayPal (please use the return number as a reference): Send payment to [email protected] Bank transfer (please use the return number as a reference): Account Name: Nitrotek LTD Account No: 36534434 Sort Code: 09-01-29 Cheque: Made Payable to: Nitrotek LTD Postal Address: Nitrotek LTD, Goyt Mill, 4th Floor, Upper Hibbert Lane, Marple, SK6 7HX, United Kingdom

My Response:

I have reviewed the ticket again post the inspection again, and would like to iterate.

1. the issue with the gearbox, was due to incorrect instruction. The replacement gearbox you sold me never stipulated the clutch change - it just gave it as an additional option. This was incorrect and an issue for Nitrotek to resolve.
  2. From your report: Customer has made some errors when building and using the model: the High-Speed Needle was 4¼ turns out from closed and has now been corrected to 3" - i never touched this it was how it was supplied. Your technician has corrected this.
  3. From your report "front-upper suspension arms are back to front- however this is down to a couple of incorrect pictures in the manual" - this is your issue by supplying the manual wrong. It should have been corrected at your expense whilst with you.
  4. From your report "brake pad screws too tight" I bought this as a complete unit from you and this has not been adjusted. Again, issue with supply from Nitrotek.
  5. From your report "stopping collets positioned wrong on throttle and brake linkages" - what is correct position?
  6. From your report "brakes are applied and servo horn isn't centred when at idle, " what does this mean - whats the solution?
  7. From your report "missing plastic dome piece from brake linkage," What does this mean, whats missing?
  8. From your report "bind plug left in the receiver" - What does this mean?
  9. From your report "Figures 2 and 3, on pages 132 and 133 respectively, show the rear wing mounts being fitted back to front, this is an error that does need to be corrected in the manuals." This is an issue from Nitrotek and should have been corrected.
  10. From your report "The front drive shafts are too loose and are falling out of the axle drive cups, this is due to the ball screws not being screwed far enough into the ends of the suspension arms. The same applies to the rear drive shafts, although not enough for them to fall out also." What does this mean?
  11. From your report "The reason for the gearbox not outputting drive is due to it being a 2-Speed gearbox, and the customer has not also fitted a 2-Speed clutch bell. The single speed clutch bell that the customer has left on the engine is only turning the second speed gear, which spins freely by design until the first speed gear and shaft spin fast enough to engage it. Can the customer please make payment and confirm their delivery address, and I will have the model returned to them. POSTAGE: £10.00". This to me implies I need to pay to have those parts fixed and return. It no way says that you arent doing anything and I need to still buy parts etc. Its complete effortless service.

This is the final time I am contacting you. I want this fixed. Many issues are Nitrotek's fault.
If you arent going to collect the car, fix it, and return it, then you leave me no option but to take you to the small claims court and contact my credit card company for a full refund.

I do not object paying where I have done something wrong, but these issues are largely as a result of poor quality product supply, and the length of time it has taken is 100% down to the poor customer service from Nitrotek.

Please do the decent thing and resolve this issue.
I hereby give formal notice of action being taken against you if this is not resolved in 7 working days.

Its seems they have not changed any. Nitrotek are a disgrace.

After 18 months and still no car working, i have returned the car and its come back as it was. Below is their report, and my final response.
There are hundreds of messages in between, just trying to get it fixed.

RESULTS OF INSPECTION: Customer has returned the model in original packaging, missing top half of outer box and the smaller internal box. Missing grease and most of the tools- screwdrivers, glow starter, and filling bottle. Additional items have been returned: such as the spare parts/screws provided, batteries in car and transmitter, and the original central gearbox. Model is in used condition: has been fully assembled, grease has been applied to the front drive shafts/cups, writing in manual, fuel has been run through its system, it has been started- though not driven, minor wear to central gears, very light scuffs to the underside of the chassis, and some very minor rusting to metal parts- such as the drive shafts and turnbuckles. Customer has made some errors when building and using the model: the High-Speed Needle was 4¼ turns out from closed and has now been corrected to 3, front-upper suspension arms are back to front- however this is down to a couple of incorrect pictures in the manual, brake pad screws too tight, stopping collets positioned wrong on throttle and brake linkages- brakes are applied and servo horn isn't centred when at idle, missing plastic dome piece from brake linkage, and bind plug left in the receiver. Customer has two, roughly 15cm long, silicone tubes fitted to the fuel tank and one much shorter one on the brake linkage, as there should be. Although page 128 does make reference to the fuel supply line being 20cm long, this diagram is only intended to be used for visual reference when fitted the tubing, it does more accurately say they should receive 3 x 15cm tubes in the parts list on page 118 of their manual. Regardless, this is of little importance: while an extra 5cm of fuel line may have small benefits, the tubing provided is more than long enough to serve its purpose and fits perfectly fine. The bend in the silicone coupling is always present in both Self-Build and RTR versions of this model, it is due to the mounting post pulling the exhaust pipe into the fuel tank. This bend is unlikely to have any affect on performance, and if it did it would likely not be an observable one. Figures 2 and 3, on pages 132 and 133 respectively, show the rear wing mounts being fitted back to front, this is an error that does need to be corrected in the manuals. However, the text in figure 2 does correctly explain how to position it, and the very next figure 4 on page 133 correctly shows how they should be fitted also. Fuel was leaking out from between the engine and the exhaust manifold. This was simply down to the two mounting screws being slightly loose, so the gasket was not properly sealing the parts together, there is no damage to the gasket. The screws have now been tightened down and the engine was left to run to test this, it is no longer leaking oil at all, some thread lock on these screws would help prevent them working loose in future. The front drive shafts are too loose and are falling out of the axle drive cups, this is due to the ball screws not being screwed far enough into the ends of the suspension arms. The same applies to the rear drive shafts, although not enough for them to fall out also. The reason for the gearbox not outputting drive is due to it being a 2-Speed gearbox, and the customer has not also fitted a 2-Speed clutch bell. The single speed clutch bell that the customer has left on the engine is only turning the second speed gear, which spins freely by design until the first speed gear and shaft spin fast enough to engage it. Can the customer please make payment and confirm their delivery address, and I will have the model returned to them. POSTAGE: £10.00 TOTAL: £10.00 PAYMENT METHODS: Credit / Debit Card: Call 0161 883 0054 PayPal (please use the return number as a reference): Send payment to [email protected] Bank transfer (please use the return number as a reference): Account Name: Nitrotek LTD Account No: 36534434 Sort Code: 09-01-29 Cheque: Made Payable to: Nitrotek LTD Postal Address: Nitrotek LTD, Goyt Mill, 4th Floor, Upper Hibbert Lane, Marple, SK6 7HX, United Kingdom

My Response:

I have reviewed the ticket again post the inspection again, and would like to iterate.

1. the issue with the gearbox, was due to incorrect instruction. The replacement gearbox you sold me never stipulated the clutch change - it just gave it as an additional option. This was incorrect and an issue for Nitrotek to resolve.
  2. From your report: Customer has made some errors when building and using the model: the High-Speed Needle was 4¼ turns out from closed and has now been corrected to 3" - i never touched this it was how it was supplied. Your technician has corrected this.
  3. From your report "front-upper suspension arms are back to front- however this is down to a couple of incorrect pictures in the manual" - this is your issue by supplying the manual wrong. It should have been corrected at your expense whilst with you.
  4. From your report "brake pad screws too tight" I bought this as a complete unit from you and this has not been adjusted. Again, issue with supply from Nitrotek.
  5. From your report "stopping collets positioned wrong on throttle and brake linkages" - what is correct position?
  6. From your report "brakes are applied and servo horn isn't centred when at idle, " what does this mean - whats the solution?
  7. From your report "missing plastic dome piece from brake linkage," What does this mean, whats missing?
  8. From your report "bind plug left in the receiver" - What does this mean?
  9. From your report "Figures 2 and 3, on pages 132 and 133 respectively, show the rear wing mounts being fitted back to front, this is an error that does need to be corrected in the manuals." This is an issue from Nitrotek and should have been corrected.
  10. From your report "The front drive shafts are too loose and are falling out of the axle drive cups, this is due to the ball screws not being screwed far enough into the ends of the suspension arms. The same applies to the rear drive shafts, although not enough for them to fall out also." What does this mean?
  11. From your report "The reason for the gearbox not outputting drive is due to it being a 2-Speed gearbox, and the customer has not also fitted a 2-Speed clutch bell. The single speed clutch bell that the customer has left on the engine is only turning the second speed gear, which spins freely by design until the first speed gear and shaft spin fast enough to engage it. Can the customer please make payment and confirm their delivery address, and I will have the model returned to them. POSTAGE: £10.00". This to me implies I need to pay to have those parts fixed and return. It no way says that you arent doing anything and I need to still buy parts etc. Its complete effortless service.

This is the final time I am contacting you. I want this fixed. Many issues are Nitrotek's fault.
If you arent going to collect the car, fix it, and return it, then you leave me no option but to take you to the small claims court and contact my credit card company for a full refund.

I do not object paying where I have done something wrong, but these issues are largely as a result of poor quality product supply, and the length of time it has taken is 100% down to the poor customer service from Nitrotek.

Please do the decent thing and resolve this issue.
I hereby give formal notice of action being taken against you if this is not resolved in 7 working days.

It sounds like it was a kit you build ,was it a kit?

Back