Nitro tmaxx truck won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kconnolly99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My tmaxx nitro is not running it ran for a day then stopped but the glo plug wire light is not lighting up on the hot starter. Any answers

Glow plugs do fail. Especially during break in. I am not familiar with the TRAXXAS products, hopefully someone else will help.
If you have another glow plug, try that.

Could be the glow plug or possibly the starter wand. I had one starter wand that just stopped heating the glow plug. You can still use that wand to crank the engine and just use a glow ignitor to heat the plug. Some guys prefer it that way. I've done it. Works great.

I have 3 Traxxas vehicles. I have found the starter wand is not that reliable. I just use the starter wand to turn the motor over and use a separate glow ignitor to heat the plug.

I had a staffers and flame out on me. I forget what lot and what didnt but some light worked. My issue turned out to be a screw that loosened in the ez-start on the motor. Kept the motor from spinning the nitro engine over.