Nitro TC3 2 speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havoc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I built the NTC3 following the instructions exactly and the car seems to run beautifully.The only thing is that I don't think the 2 speed tranny is shifting into second.My question is how do I know if it is shifting?Should I be able to hear it shift or will I hear the engine rev differently?Before I make any adjustments I thought someone with more experence can give me some hints.
Thanks
LC{my real name}

Havoc- First off welcome to the board!

Second off I'm dumb

Last edited:
Ok I have no idea where mayhem got the fattening up the HS neddle but that is nuts. Dont even bother with that. You should be able to hear your car shift. It is harder when you go from a stop to full throtle but if you think it isn't shifting then go here page 3 bottom half tells you how to adjust it. Loosen the screws up some equally and see if you can hear it then. It will be obvious if it is or isn't happening as soon as you make it so it does shift or stops shifting because you top speed will increase or decrease drastically.

Also you can try slowly getting car up to about half throttle and listen to see if it shifts also.

As to what mayhem said about he HS Needle
X
useless.jpg

I had the same problem. Have a slow take of a listen very carefully but you should see the jump in speed. If you still can't tell adjust the screws untill you can just to see if it works. But it is a very smooth shifting 2 speed. I love this car:)

:OMG: I was thinking of purchasing the NTC3 2 speed option for my NTC3 RTR. would it be a good idea, is it a hard thing to do?I was also wondering if the Rally conversion is any good?

It should wind out and then suddenly drop down in RPM's while picking up speed, the sound and action is unmistakable, If you can't plainly tell, then chances are that your not shifting, proceed to X's instruction.

Back