Nitro Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I still have a few things to add to it but I took it out for a test drive yesterday. This thing gives new meaning to the words throttle control! It's hard to get it going because of the very light front end but once it gets going it is seriously fast!

stampede-2.gif

2.gif

God, makes me want one now...

Just wait until I get a video posted. I just mounted some Moabs on it, looks better but I'm almost scared of the extra traction they will give.

After adding the Moabs I should have readjusted the slipper...toasted the spur gear in under a minute LOL. I got the body fitted but I'm not sure if I will paint it or not. Also got new shoes put on, moved the battery to the front, JR 650 steering servo, all thats left is the big daddy filter, Maxx fuel tank, and re gear. I'm going to try a 24/64 gear set and hope the wheelie are at least predictable.

fhydrfhxfh.gif

fyggfygfyg.gif

ftyxctdfxt.gif

purple wheels?:puke: just kidding looks great! and sounds like a lot of fun and your right tires make it look much better!!

Is that a 2.5R or 3.3? Either way, good luck keeping the wheelies under control, my buddy had a hard time even with a .15
Also, probably doesn't matter much but it appears your back tires are on backwards.

wow they have everything pretty centered in them things huh? Pretty sweet looking rig!

It's geared as high as possible but wheelies are still too easy, the taller gears now make it wheelie at higher speeds . It's currently geared 24/64 and the slipper clutch is set very loose. On these models pedes the slipper is normally tighten down then back off a 1/4 turn, mine is backed off a full turn and it's still hard to control. I think I made a mistake with the Moabs, they are a little too skinny and have too much traction for this truck. I didn't want smaller tires but I might have to go with bowties are something similar.

Here is a little video I got today, excuse the poor quality.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jJTCRnzGw"]YouTube - 2.5 Traxxas Stampede[/ame]

Is that a 2.5R or 3.3? Either way, good luck keeping the wheelies under control, my buddy had a hard time even with a .15
Also, probably doesn't matter much but it appears your back tires are on backwards.

It's a 2.5 and yes it's very hard to keep all four on the ground. I made sure the tires were mounted right before I glue them.....I have been adjusting on it regularly and I quite paying attention which one goes on what side LOL.

Looks like you were having trouble keeping all fours planted!!

Love the colour of that shell.

Dave

667 how do you like the Talons, and did you need any adapters for the 2.8 wheels?

Looks like you were having trouble keeping all fours planted!!

Love the colour of that shell.

Dave

It's a handful but it's a fun truck!

Mate that thing looks rude! I've got an old Stampede with a .15 engine in! its nothing compared to that!lol

667 how do you like the Talons, and did you need any adapters for the 2.8 wheels?

It's a handful but it's a fun truck!

The Jato wheels slide right on- the Jato has the same wheel setup as the stampede- 12mm hex in the back, straight shaft in front.

Back