Nitro RS4 3 Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EViLSouL

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all,

I was hoping to get some help with a few questions. I have searched the forum and have not found the answer i was looking for. I recently purchased the RS4 3 around 3 weeks ago. Already i am looking to upgrade it. My first question is what tuned pipe should i go with? I keep hearing different stuff from different people about what to get, so I've turned to you, the experts. Also what else should i upgrade right away seeing as i am new to nitro rc's. Thanks alot for all your help.

EViLSouL

I had a rs4 2 and I liked using the MIP stinger it's a really good pipe, adds good power.

Which version of the RS4 3 did you get? The SS, RTR 3, or Evo?

As far as tuned pipe, I now run the THS one piece tuned pipe on mine and It has been a great pipe for me.

I have the THS set made for the RS4 3 and it adds good power and that is the one I would suggest.

If you have the RTR version then I would suggest getting a 2 speed and a better engine. The Evo could use turnbuckles and the SS is preety good out of the box.

I have the RTR and haven't done too much to it. I did drop in an OS .15 CVR-X and a 2 speed tranny. That has helped a lot. I don't race. Just for bashing the parking lot. And I threw in a Venom Speed Meter just so I know REALLY how fast it's going (only 40 mph so far). There are tons of hop-ups available so just pick what you want and go with it....

thanks for all the good info so far, i ment to say the car is the RS4 3 EVO. ill be going tomr. night to get a pipe so any other info you guys can give me i'd really appreciate it.

EViLSouL

Dont forget your failsafe!!!!!!!!!!!

Candyman said:
I have the RTR and haven't done too much to it. I did drop in an OS .15 CVR-X and a 2 speed tranny. That has helped a lot. I don't race. Just for bashing the parking lot. And I threw in a Venom Speed Meter just so I know REALLY how fast it's going (only 40 mph so far). There are tons of hop-ups available so just pick what you want and go with it....
Seems not very fast with this engine and 2 speed tranny.I hit 32 mph with .12 CV-X and only 1 speed.What is your temp?I said that cause i need an other engine and yours was one of my choice but now....i don't know.

THS or RD Logics are both great pipes.The OS.15CVR-X is a great mill,I also believe it should be performing better than that.I love mine, it will twist the center dogbones and has great top speed?Do you have the slide or rotary carb,I have the 10c slide and have heard the rotary carbs didnt perform as well?