Nitro Rs3 Drift car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreyreese91

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so I got this car from a friend.I want to turn it into a touring car.It has a G3.0 engine in it and all I should have to do is change the tires and it should go pretty fast correct?Any other mods u guys think I should make on it??Bot a huge drift fan.Sick car though.

The drift model of the RS4, IIRC, uses a different chassis plate and a central mounted engine to move the weight forward for drifting. You'll most likely never get it to handle as good as a regular touring car, but if you're just bashing you can probably tune the chassis a bit with shock oils, springs, tire compounds, et al.

HPI even had a conversion kit for regular nitro RS4 Evos, but that had a different header to reuse the stock plastic pipe. Note your RS4 3 Drift is also single speed. The conversion kit kept the stock two-speed.

You might be able to get a new chassis plate online somewhere (even here in the classifieds) and transfer most of your gear and then you can upgrade whatever you need to go back to a normal TC layout.

HTH...
Mark

Ok thanks.So all in all I'm looking at around 80-120 together this car where I want.Can I slap a 2-speed tranny on it aswell?

If that doesn't work for you in the long haul I have a barely used Traxxas Nitro 4-tec 3.3 up for sale :D

Taking a peek on eBay it appears the deck will run you $15-$20 and the two-speed about $60. Then you've got dog bones and some plastic parts so I'd say closer to the top of your estimate, but still doable...

Mark

Ya.That's in my price range.Thanks for checking that out for me.

You could always keep your eyes open for a t/c roller, and plop yer electronics and engine in it if the drifter doesn't end up doing what you want. You may be able to find a decent roller for around the price of converting.

Back