Nitro Rc car with mind of its own?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar new

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just adjusted the low speed needle on the rc and now the servo has got a mind of its own and will not stop moving.

New batteries may be needed. Some radio has build in fail safe and could cause what you see.

Something made my old T Maxx classic ghost drive at full throttle across the meadows until it roped a chain link fence.

I just adjusted the low speed needle on the rc and now the servo has got a mind of its own and will not stop moving.

My guess is bad potentiometer in the servo. I think the vibrations from the engine get transferred back to the servo through the throttle linkage, and "confuse" the control board with a fluctuating read from the pot. so it can't hold a steady position.

I had a strange version of this happen to my throttle servo.

With the engine off, it would behave normally, and it would sit still at idle with the engine running.

Only when I went full throttle, with the engine running, would it begin "wiggling" at the end of its travel, which I initially mistook for a tuning issue because it responded as if it were bogging down from an improper tune, when in fact the engine was performing perfectly and the throttle was the issue.

A kid I used to run with said to put a return spring on it. This might shorten the life of the servo, but hey, damage done to the truck was extensive. Cracked frame rails, bulkhead, control arms.
It was a 2003 T Maxx classic, 1.5 or 2.5. Either way, as fast as I could run, it wasn't enough. My voice almost wasn't loud enough. It was like the Main Force Patrol telling people to stay off the roads as they chased the Night Rider.
For the Night Rider..........think of him when you look up at the night sky. And think of my T Maxx classic when you look down into the distance at where your truck could end up if you don't lick this problem. For the Night Rider!

download.jpg