Nitro-Power's fast lane build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro-power

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello I'm going to build a mod savage , dont know what motor I'm going to use but I did get the frame, Its fast lane.
IMG302_zps61e19ccb.jpg

I bought a roller off Ebay , waiting for it now.

Nice bro! I thought I was the only one left who had a FLM engine mount lol, its nice to see them incorporated in this build as they have been discontinued for a couple of years now :)

nice. was pretty fun when i build mine , although its just a thing to show off to friends. any pics of what you did to that chassis you bought from me other than on your profile pic?

I did almost the exact same build. I also have the engine mount, the FLM Bulks, towers and went with the LST shocks. I had considered sizing down to Baja front shocks... should just leave it alone though. Have you decided if you were going with a mid tank or not? They do end up pretty with all the FLM on them.

nice. was pretty fun when i build mine , although its just a thing to show off to friends. any pics of what you did to that chassis you bought from me other than on your profile pic?
ya i post pictures on a different thread, i'm going to call it truckzilla build, waiting for second roller?

eh, I'm out of the roller business. i managed to put together and sell 4 rollers from the box of parts i had that i never planned on using. will look for that thread.

well the wife called me at work and told me there a box on the front porch,then she said that better not be another one of those trucks, to her suprise I think I better build this one for her. might have to even paint a new body pink for her. lol

well the wife called me at work and told me there a box on the front porch,then she said that better not be another one of those trucks, to her suprise I think I better build this one for her. might have to even paint a new body pink for her. lol
Good cover...lol. Yeah my wife does the same thing. She just ask is it bike or RC parts...lol

this is going to be a hard build , i think i;m going to see how much pink I can get on this truck so, i wonder if the plastic parts can be painted or something like that I have a friend who does really good custom paint, might have to go into the secrete lab on this one, and does any one build a motor with a pink head?

this is going to be a hard build , i think i;m going to see how much pink I can get on this truck so, i wonder if the plastic parts can be painted or something like that I have a friend who does really good custom paint, might have to go into the secrete lab on this one, and does any one build a motor with a pink head?

Jus paint the head....

i let my wifeey have a truck, and we were at the park one day and i was uprighting my truck and she bummrushed me from the backside. completely mowed me over with the truck. no damage to me, but nomo truck for wifey, lol

this is what I'm starting with, this ones going to take some time,but is that why we do this hobby for the personal enjoyment whens its done lol
IMG313_zps1a087dad.jpg

time to take it al the way down and start over lol

IMG312_zps040fa819.jpg

would a pink painted head greatly affect the cooling abilities of the fins? may deflect the cool are away due to the color( hahaha)
lots of work in a FLM build (for me there was) integy and FLM do not maye together very well without a bit of sanding here, grinding there. the end results are very appealing to the eyes, though.

SDC11449_zps0a8bc0cc.jpg

Last edited:
that truck looks great!!! I'm sending some of the plastic to Florida to a graphics shop to see if my idea will work with their paint and graphics, Its going to be a complete different look ,dont want to reveal to much yet because ,I dont know if what I want to do will work? and does any one have a good used and clean motor?

---------- Post added at 1:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:07 PM ----------

now it will just sit untill the graphics company it done
IMG322_zpsdd180f01.jpg

Looking good. I just finished up installing the flm tvp's on my savy.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

There's nothing like an FLM build. I have 2 on hold right now. A twin motor, a brushless conversion, and this nitro guy is my #1.

Sav11.jpg

I really like the orange anno, Bifft