Nitro on Airlines?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I will soon be travelling by air and was wondering if anyone has experience with nitro vehicles and the airlines? Is the trace amount of fuel in the vehicle enough to make it not transportable by air?

The only way to be 100% is call the airlines you will be traveling on, several times, and find out what they say about it. The reason I said several times is I have made a call once or twice and they said one thing but later at the airport they said something completely different.

Well, I just called my shipping advisor, he says that there is no problem as long as there is no liquid left in truck. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to carry on instead of check in.

you should take yor maxx to the airport the day before you plan to fly so the powers that be can see it.then you can be sure. probably wouldn't hurt to have it squeaky clean, either. my friend wants to take his on a plane, so he phoned the airline or whatever and they said they couldn't see a problem with it but he's still gonna check it out in person. things are a lot tighter at airports since sept.11.

Take a couple gallons of fuel in your carryon and let us know how you make out. Should be fun! lol j/k dont do that!

I would suggest taking the fuel tank completely off and washing it very very well to make sure there is no fuel left in it or on the vehicle ANYWHERE! Then, put the tank in a check in bag. Carry on your vehicle and all should be fine. DO NOT TAKE ANY FUEL with you.

All will be good.

You might want to call both airports you will be leaving from. Divine brought his on a plane from Florida to NC with no problems at all. However when he tried to fly back from NC to Florida, on the same airline, they gave him major hassles, he fought with them for a long time and finally they allowed him to bring it on. They also told him they would not allow it on again in the future. So call both airports just to be sure.

NC- I didn't even think of that, You just saved him a hassle and a half

Or you could just drive it through the airport

:sneaky:

Back