Nitro fuel additives

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMaxxMike

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anybody ever experimented with fuel additives ? I have some grain alcohol sitting here and was wondering what would happen if i added a few drops to a tank of nitro. Should I try this on the 4th of July? Really. What would happen???

This is the only thing i would ever add to any of my nitros, and it was comical to see people's faces at the track when it went by and they caught a whiff.

But seriously, these companies spend a ton of money designing and mixing their fuels, what makes you think adding some other random combustible material will help with performance? Don't do it.

Like the above said, their business is to make fuel, not bodge it and expect you to add additives. Although, scenting the fumes sounds cool- but it doesn't mean you can sniff them- unfortunately it doesn't get you high or drunk- well it might do if you don't mind getting blinded in the process :p