Nitro engine running backwards?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its possible to have a nitro engine run backwards, its not good for it, but its probably a combination of a couple of things, 1. your wires are backwards on your ez start motor. 2. your OWB is in the wrong way.

The intake timing on that engine must be very low, as long as it closes at the same time in both directions, there is no harm in it and it will run the same forwards or backwards.

so you're not running backerds any more?

No, no one thought that. His one way was backwards. His diff backwards??? Would he not have to have BOTH diffs going backwards??? RC Guru my...

No, no one thought that. His one way was backwards. His diff backwards??? Would he not have to have BOTH diffs going backwards??? RC Guru my...

Well ur cool

At least I think before I post and don't purport to be more that I am. Life lessons that most of you refuse to learn.

I've had a diesel powered whacker run in reverse, exhaust was coming out of the air box

typically they cannot cannot run in reverse.

any two stroke engine has the possibility to run in a reverse rotation....

no four stroke engine can run in reverse rotation..... you need to read up on it.... here i'll supply a link.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_engine

if your whacker is a two stroke then there is a possibility....

At least I think before I post and don't purport to be more that I am. Life lessons that most of you refuse to learn.

There i basically changed my expeireince to nothing smart one and no i wont take my under line attitude any where else haha

Is my engine running backwards?

Okay I dissambled the pull starter (it has had the ez start system removed),
I have found that the pull starter can only be assembled one way, meaning that I can't start it the other way anyway. The others on the net seem to turn in the same direction (clockwise from the rear of the engine) (Incidentally I did try to assemble the pull starter the other way however it came unsprung after working a few times because of the hitch point will no longer make a u bend therefore would come out, at the same time I changed the one way bearing to go the other way.)

From the front of the engine when starting it runs anti-clockwise, is this correct.
Now if this is correct and this is the direction the engine is supposed to run then why is my t-maxx running on the reverse gear when it is going forward, (so far it has stripped two reverse gears! because it is running on them to go forward when the gear is designed for only occasional use).

As mentioned I had put the forward only conversion kit in because I was annoyed at replacing reverse gears only to find that the Tmaxxx would only go backwards with the forward conversion kit in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure whether it is related but to run the truck I had to slow the acceleration from neutral otherwise would cut out, and run higher rev's than I would otherwise expect.

I have no idea what is goint on:\

>Mickmack, the diffs are probably installed wrong. Also another
>common mistake. Done it myself ....once

Thanks for the reply man, it must be just the g'box assembly, didn't know it could do that!

Mike.

Should the engine run counter clockwise from the front of the engine just to confirm?
Make sure your body's not on backwards giving you the illusion of possessed reversing truck ..jk

Back