Nib hpi super nitro find

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpi nitro junkie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just recently found a hpi super nitro kit that's been sitting around in a box for the past 20 years. I have a super nitro I recently bought to mess around with but I'm super happy to find this rare find today and I wanted to share it with everyone!

Attachments

• 20191111_175910.jpg
    20191111_175910.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20191111_175618.jpg
    20191111_175618.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20191111_175613.jpg
    20191111_175613.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 88
Sorry I should say its about 80% together not completely new in box!

Cool find, looks like its in great shape.

Thanks! I plan to keep it as is and never to run it.. I may finish the kit and keep it in the box or put it on a shelf

Thanks! I plan to keep it as is and never to run it.. I may finish the kit and keep it in the box or put it on a shelf

The tell tale sign of heavy use is under the chassy for scratches & the burned on fuel on the header pipe!

Some people will start putting a kit together an then lose interest ,an stick in a closet or on a shelf .
some people that has no knowledge of nitro engines .will simply run the engine like it is in break-in
sets on the carb ,an think that that is all its got in performance ,an get bored with it an shove it in the garage!....
LOL....I bought those types used before ,after cleaning the nasty fuel soaked engines up from them trying to
run the engines on break-in settings ,they where in still nearly perfect condition ,they just needed tuned!...:cool:

I'll take more pics of it tomorrow...its the real deal never used car. I bought it from the original owner that was in his mid 50's. He said life and kids side lined the hobby for him and it sat ever since