NIB 1st gen. T-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1marty

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got this today in trade and I have a few questions. When did Traxxas start using painted lids and the wand style of EZ-Starts? The T-Maxx I have has an EZ-Start that straps to a battery pack and a clear lid with a decal sheet. It is truly NIB, never seen a drop of fuel. I opened it for the first time today to check it all out and man- I've never had a rig this clean, lol. So my last questions are- do I bash it or keep it as a shelf queen? Any collectability on these? I know Traxxas doesn't have a huge collectors market but I have never seen one this old. Any idea to approx. worth? I already have a newer T-maxx so I'm a little undecided on this one.
Thanks,
Aaron

As far as I can remember the Maxx line has had an EZ start of some sort since the 2.5 with the wide arms put on came out. The previous Pro 15. Maxx had a different style EZ start and shorter arms. As far as the Body being clear...I have only seen them with pre-painted lids

The old .15 Pro has a blue cylindrical head on the engine and a rotary carb. The next gens have a tapered blue head and slide carb.

Is there a market for them? Don't know, really. The Maxx is technically still on the market, and in better form so I'm not sure how much demand there would be for a NIB first gen. You may get lucky and find someone who is really looking to shelf one, but the chances are probably slim-ish.

Here ya go.....
Picture029.gif

Picture028.gif

Picture030.gif

Yup, that's a 1st gen with the .15 Pro. And I believe it's a very early 1st gen because the later 1st gen bodies were silk screened. It's amazing to see one of those after so long. The 1st gen Maxx was my first MT. I enjoyed for a long time but came to my senses and switched to a Savage a couple years ago.

That's what killing me. I don't have a real NEED for it. I suppose I could put it one Flea-bay or something and use the money towards something I'd rather have, but.........

Aside from the clear lid, that's the first nitro truck I had. .15, narrow A-arms (the first mod was Pro-Line wide) and the plug on top of the rear shock tower is for the same starter. I don't recall ever seeing a Tmaxx that used a wand. (Hex with a Tball on the end, like the Savage?)

You should definitely do some research on it, and maybe you'll find some site for collectors. I'm thinking that if you find the right person you could get some big bucks for it. I suppose putting it on ebay with a higher than normal price might keep it there until collectors start noticing it.