newbie scaler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flin flon basher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, i want to know what the best scaler is for someone on a tight budget is? i would really like to get a start in this section of my favorite hobby :) thanks again guys, this site rules!:first_place:

My Remote controlled items....

Revo 3.3, and uhm.... my television, VCR, & X-BOX;)

Last edited:
Well for an easy way to go, but very unoriginal in my opinion, is an Axial scx10 TR or Honcho. They have been done to death though so if I were you I would atleast get an scx10 kit and then pick a body and go from there.

The scx10 is easy, cheap and if for some reason you don't like people seem to be willing to pay very close to new price for a used one.

This is an scx10 with a Tamiya body.....very easy!!!!!

aaaaaaaa.jpg

I'd agree with what's been said so far, the Axial SCX-10 is probably the best bet for most people. The kits include everything needed for a great start in RC Scalers plus there are hundreds if not thousands of upgrade parts to take the truck to the next level if you want.

so whats all included in the kit, i know in nitro a kit is a rolling chassis with an engine and chassis but what about crawling?

It will make it a roller so all electronics are still needed, esc, servo, motor, batts...

The SCX10 is a great kit to build. The instructions are detailed and very clear. All you would need to add to the it as SNG stated is the motor, esc, batteries, RX and steering servo. I think that I spent a total of $350 to get mine completed.

Back