Newbie Questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schin101

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got my T-Maxx 3.3 on Friday so I have some questions.

What are the benefits of the Hump Pack? I see that there are 2500mah ones instead of the Traxxas 1100mah one. How long does the 1100 last for? I understand you need to buy a $5 cable. How do you charge the battery does it come with a charger? or do you use the charger for the starter battery? If I kill my hump pack can I quickly switch to regular AA batteries?
What should my first modification be?
Are Roll Cages worth buying? If so which one?
How much can you really beat on this thing as far as jumping and stuff like that?
How often do you break parts?
I had to replace my Slipper Clutch Pads already.
Reverse kit worth it? I've heard it isn't.
Are there any extra parts I should stock in my kit?
Any work stands worth getting?
Any questions I've forgotten? Haha
Tuning tips?
Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate the help.
I think thats it for now. Feel free to only answer a couple of my questions :) Haha

I use the traxxas and offna hump packs, 100mah and 1200mah respectively I think. You will need the traxxas switch kit listed in the forums here. When you buy the battery pack, just buy a charger to match, it should plug right in to the battery cover. No, you can't "quickly" switch to AA's, you'll have to swap the harness out.
1st modification? Reseal the engine (search forums)
I use my shell for a roll cage, I don't want the extra weight.
How hard can you bash this thing? run hard till it breaks, then back off a bit.
Break stuff? yeah, but fixin and upgrading is fun. I break my truck about 50% of the time vs. hitting foreign objects.
Why did your slipper clutch fail? to loose?
Extra parts? glow plugs, blue lead (if you're using easy start), screw kit, super glue ect. Theres a good sticky on thisin the nitro section.
Reverse kit? nah, I'd rather learn how to drive. Like I stated earlier, I don't like the extra weight.
Any questions you've forgotten? Nope. Go to nitro section, theres tons of newcomer info there. I can't believe I responded to this. I feel llike I've been initiated or something. Welcome to RCNT!:)

consider these

I would suggest a glow warmer and a charger and the appropriate leads to charge both. I charge my warmer batteries,roto start batteries and receiver packs using the same charger. You cab get the leads from towerhobbies for each battery and make your downtime a lot less between charges.

Well done for posting your questions in the same thread and welcome to the site lol :) i forgot the list hang on lol .

What would be the beast upgrade for both my throttle and steering servo to a 1/16 thunder fire

Well done for posting your questions in the same thread and welcome to the site lol :) i forgot the list hang on lol .

I'm new to RC Trucks not forums! Haha.