Newbie question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw19and6

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I've tried finding an answer to this online with no success. I appreciate this is probably a stupid question so I apologise.

I recently purchased a Proboat Recoil 2 for my daughter. With the steering and trim not reversed, and everything stock I don't understand why the motor and propellor turns one direction when the trigger is pulled back and then will turn in the other direction when it is released and pulled back again.

I understand the concept of pulling trigger for forward and pushing for brake/reverse, but why does it consistently switch rotation every time the throttle trigger is pulled, released, and pulled again?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and the potential insults!

Hi all. I've tried finding an answer to this online with no success. I appreciate this is probably a stupid question so I apologise.

I recently purchased a Proboat Recoil 2 for my daughter. With the steering and trim not reversed, and everything stock I don't understand why the motor and propellor turns one direction when the trigger is pulled back and then will turn in the other direction when it is released and pulled back again.

I understand the concept of pulling trigger for forward and pushing for brake/reverse, but why does it consistently switch rotation every time the throttle trigger is pulled, released, and pulled again?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and the potential insults!
That sounds like it may be a setting in the ESC, but I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe it is a boat ESC thing? Look at the ESC settings in your manual. There may be an answer there.

Welcome to RCT!

Go thru rebind method then go thru recalibrate method. if issue remains then reverse throttle direction on radio if it still is doing then contact proboat for new radio unit.and esc.

you can set end points throttle 100 break 0 sometimes it works